Anonymous
Years ago

Where are all the NBL/WNBL players?

I had a look through all the results last weekend, and other then Norwood, there wasnt many NBL/WNBL players playing.
Where are the likes of Creek, Marino etc.
Lot of talk about them before the season, but now all quiet.....
Marino was meant to be going to Southern according to rumours, and Creek staying or going from South?

Topic #28020 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

i heard 36ers CEO wont let them play, even though they really want to!!

Reply #357723 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

I don't know about the CEO rumour but the Sixers players usually are required to take some time off after the season. This would explain why they wont be suiting up in the ABL just yet. Perhaps in 2-3 weeks they will be back playing

Reply #357724 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

yea finishing on the bottom of the nbl ladder it would follow that players need time off to research how to play

Reply #357733 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

marino not playing? i heard southern too!!

Reply #357734 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

I would still like to see a "draft" of Sixers and Lightning players happen. Imagine what impact someone like Ballinger would have at a ABA club and the excitement at junior level that would create.

Reply #357736 | Report this post

Big Ads  
Years ago

I'd like to see Balls playing big minutes somewhere over the next 6 months just to appreciate where he is at. Don't care if its ABA, NZ or South America. Likewise Crossy.i

Reply #357756 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Nice idea Jack...

Get the kids involved with the sixers by knowin that a sixer is playin with the same club they do. At the momment, very few kids know anythin of the sixers.

Reply #357790 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:50 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754