Anonymous
Years ago

Will Steven Adams play for the Tall Blacks?

At the upcoming tournament that New Zealand will play in to try and qualify for the London Olympics?

Surely he would be a massive boost to their chances

Topic #28044 | Report this topic

Mystro  
Years ago

His priorities lay with his education at Pittsburgh University at the moment so I doubt it. I honestly don't think we are going to see him suit up for the Tall Blacks for some time.

Reply #357977 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

He has said he wants to if he can, but like Mystro said that means it has to fit around his schooling. The Tall Blacks have a short build up though and it is out of school term (I think) so there might be some hope.

Pledger, Vukona, Abercrombie, Penney, Tait
Adams, Frank, Anthony, Henry, Bartlett, Loe, Fitchett

That's not a bad team. Long and athletic, something NZ has never been!

Reply #357998 | Report this post

Cell  
Years ago

Agreed that he will try to play but will not risk losing his scholarship to Pitt. Would be a handy back up centre.

Horvath/Pledger
Vukona/Anthony
Abercrombie/Henry
Penny/Bartlett
Tait/Kenny

Add in others out of Hayden Allen, Morgan Nathanahira, Rob Loe, Dion Prewster and Adams if willing

Reply #358005 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

Braswell is pretty keen on naturalizing for NZ so he can play PG for the Tall Blacks and to help his chances of playing again for the Breakers.

Reply #358014 | Report this post

Cell  
Years ago

Not sure if you have braswell at point or horvath at centre. Horvath has been playing insanely well of late but Tait is not an international quality pg.

Maybe if Adams commits to the team then put in braswell

Reply #358021 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Cell, Horvath is playing really well right now...but him before Pledger? Don't think so

Reply #358026 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

Horvath won't even make the bench

Reply #358029 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Vucinic will take Frank over Horvath every day of the week. Frank's proven to be a very handy part of the Tall Blacks, his perimeter shooting is well suited to that system.

Reply #358032 | Report this post

Cell  
Years ago

Didnt really think about actual starting lineups or anything, just put down some players for a possible tall blacks squad in a Steven Adams related thread.

But....
Horvath got 30p 18r vs Bradshaw and the sharks
had 26p 17r vs Frank and the saints
Had 24p 13r vs Tisby and the nuggets

Pledger has never preformed well in international games that dont include the boomers. He has improved remarkably in the last year so I wont make a call yet

Horvath in my opinion is a much better player than Frank, not saying he will make Vucinic's team (cause he probly wont) but he would make mine.

Reply #358044 | Report this post

pwned  
Years ago

Adams is way too raw to play against real elite players. It's fun dunking over high school students, but I honestly can't see him making a large impact yet

Reply #358073 | Report this post

Cell  
Years ago

He could be playing in the NBA next year, ive got no problem with him getting some international experience.

Its not like he is just any high school player, he is a top 5-10 player in the world (something we in NZ dont have too often)

Reply #358136 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

Cell, correction, he is in the top 10 players for his age group in America, number 6 on ESPN's list.
I read in the weekend that he is actually quite keen to play in the qualifying tournament. If he is keen, take him.

Reply #358608 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:07 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754