Anonymous
Years ago

Breakers vs Wildcats, Game 1

Anyone know of any live streams for the game? Cant find one yet.

Topic #28067 | Report this topic

natwhereyouat  
Years ago

Not looking good!

Reply #358194 | Report this post

tyrell  
Years ago

could it be the dandenong v knox link on this site?
http://www.hahasport.com/c-6.html

The reason being, firstly, why the heck would they show dandenong v knox and secondly, the timing 15.30-17.30 matches wa times for the game in nz!

Reply #358196 | Report this post

tyrell  
Years ago

the dandenong v knox link also appears on vipbox.tv

Reply #358197 | Report this post

natwhereyouat  
Years ago

its appearing everywhere, i'd say thats it because they also list it as "National basketball league" which obviously Knox isn't.

Reply #358207 | Report this post

tyrell  
Years ago

hope so!

Reply #358210 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

What a game. Hope people stayed up and avoided the spoilers to watch it.

Reply #358250 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Was a very good game.

Reply #358251 | Report this post

alexkrad  
Years ago

Just finished watching it.. no facebook, twitter, radio, tv etc.. I actually got alot of work done waiting for the game to come on TV! haha

Pretty disappointing to let it slip away in regulation, but what a game!

Wildcats to tie it up at home, game 3 classic in NZ to follow.. where is my credit card....

Reply #358255 | Report this post

alexkrad  
Years ago

Also, I know we complain about carfino.. but those guys just repeated the same talk they picked up watching NBA games that thought sounded fancy all game... use a stolen term once, not all game.

Reply #358257 | Report this post

Wildcat Fan  
Years ago

Heatbreaking loss, really needed to get over the line. Classic game from a basketball point of view, and drew similarities to the '93 classic against Melbourne. This game should be remembered for a long time.

And yes the commentators are absolutely rubbish. Almost ruined an otherwise slick production. So Matty Knight didn't dunk it, get over it FFS! Amongst other stupid comments...

Bring on Game 2!

Reply #358258 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

Gritty game, huge momentum swings.

Reply #358259 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I prefer Casey to Carfino. It's not like Carfino doesn't have his share of go-to lines and silly reactions. Gaze and Frank as a combo could well be hilarious, actually.

Gained a lot of respect for Lisch in that game, fighting on without Martin and Robbins. Classy player.

Reply #358263 | Report this post

Flinders80  
Years ago

I thought the NBL as a spectators sport was done until last nioght. What a game to watch. Dunks, blocks, physciallity, refs let the players fight out the last part of game. In fact I thought the reffing was not too bad. The production of the game was great. Counted 6 different camera angles. Yes the commentary was a bit lack luster but it didn't really bother me that much. Imagine if this game was played during a 8pm timeslot How many extra people may have watched it just because the game was actually quite exciting. I almost cheered too loud (remembering it was 11:30pm) from my couch when Martin tried to dunk on Pledger.

The bit that sucks is game two will be done by One/Ten Sports. Don't think you will see 6 cameras. Will probably only have 3 like normal.

Reply #358264 | Report this post

XY  
Years ago

Excellent game, well worth staying up for. It can be great watching two excellent teams going hard at it when you don't have a vested interest in the outcome.

I did go to bed thinking through one of the hardest questions around, 'Who is the bigger flopper - Redhage and CJ Bruton?' Last night, for mine, Redhage. He actually managed to flop in an off-the-ball when he was posting up CJ! Great to see the umpires not falling for it either way.

As for yesterday's thread regarding whether 'clutch' exists - yes it does and its name is still CJ Bruton. Have to admire how he can keep getting it done.

Reply #358268 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The Jackson Lisch battle was mouth watering. Exceptional game of basketball.

Reply #358269 | Report this post

Greg  
Years ago

No mention on foxsports.news.com.au of the NBL GF.
Surely it warranted a mention.

Reply #358270 | Report this post

hustle  
Years ago

One of the best games I've ever seen. As Flinders80 said - it had everything! An exciting game to watch.

Vukona makes NZ team so much better. Lemanis had him sitting the first part of the last quarter, and then the commentators suggested it was the Breakers best defensive lineup - without Vukona and with Henry. I had to disagree. No doubt, when Vukona came back on they made a run and got the game into OT. The guy is a winner IMO.

Foul trouble on Martin and Robbins made things tough for the Wildcats. Lisch had a great second half without the help of his PGs and with some big buckets to keep them in it. I'd love to have this guy at the 36ers!

The Knight/Neville combo was dangerous and probably had the better of Pledger/Wilkinson for the most part of the night. At the start of the year Neville was coming off the bench and now he is the starter. Has to be the best C combo in the league.

Wilkinson and Jackson are clutch. Big threes in the last and OT for both of them. Same with Lisch.

The third quarter when Perth went on a 17-2 run I think to tie it, incredible. These are definitely the best two teams in the comp and I think the series will be decided by the last two minutes of each game, just like last night.

Already looking forward to the game next week!

Reply #358273 | Report this post

MM  
Years ago

One hell of a game I couldn't go to bed and I'm suffering for it this morning.
This is why I love the game.
It was hard fought and great to watch.
I'm leaning towards Perth but Breakers still have CJ who just knows how to win.
Pity I have to wait a week for game 2 bring it on.

Reply #358276 | Report this post

The Situation  
Years ago

I'm gutted that the Cats lost a winnable game, but the blow has been softened by being able to watch an absolutely epic finals game.

Reply #358279 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

The 24 second and 8 second rule seem thouroughly
successful at speeding the game up.
Me . I'd knock off a coupla time outs and tell players just to go to the line , rather than have other little timeouts there.
A great game and at 10pm I was feeling pretty good,
might've been ill at ease after midnite , wanting them to get on with the game , rather than stop.
Perth started pretty good and Bruton came off the bench . NZ looked a little better with Bruton on.

Reply #358284 | Report this post

The Situation  
Years ago

I'm impressed with the upper body and arm strength that the Cats players have. Its almost superhuman. A few times last night, CJ Bruton would go for a shot or pass, and a Perth defender would reach up/in with their hand and get a slight piece of the ball, and it would send CJ flying backwards/sidewards, with his legs kicking out in all sorts of directions. They really don't know their own strength.

Reply #358285 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

Exceptional game with everything especially passion. I agree that the Lisch Vs Jackson matchup was great to watch and I also thought the refs did a standup job of officiating what was always going to be a physical encounter.
I would love for NZ to win it in Perth.

Reply #358288 | Report this post

natwhereyouat  
Years ago

I prefer NZ's commentating combo to Perths Lachy & Ronaldson. I can't stand those two!

Actually, like Isaac said, Gaze + Frank would be entertaining, throw in Heal as well. That's the better combo.

Reply #358296 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

I like the Mulls and Frank Combo but would love to see Gaze and Frank with Mulls doing the court side stuff. The best things about Frank are that he makes up words and uses them every week and does not think before he opens his mouth, makes for some laughs.

Reply #358297 | Report this post

The Situation  
Years ago

Thats not a good thing.

Reply #358298 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

says you. The television viewer numbers per game in NZ would suggest otherwise.

Reply #358301 | Report this post

The Situation  
Years ago

So they watch because he makes up words? I'm pretty sure people tune in because they are a well-oiled machine, and deserved championship favourites.

Reply #358304 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Amazing game. Just incredible. I knew the result and I was still spellbound!!

As for commentators, Casey Frank is great and I like Mulligan too, but Frank and Grybas would be fantastic. Agree re production, that slick job and commentators who are actually enthusiatic about the game make it much better to watch.

Reply #358306 | Report this post

AK-47  
Years ago

Absolutely phenomenal game to watch and even better when you have no allegiance to either team!

Kevin Lisch showed in the second half why he is the MVP and Cedric Jackson showed why he's the best all round point guard in the league. Some of the passes he made, falling or with the shot clock winding down were incredible.

Everyone expected the match up between the guards to be the most exciting and it certainly didn't disappoint one bit however a little surprisingly the combination of Redhage, Knight and Nevill vs Vukona, Wilkinson and Boucher was almost as good!

The referees were fantastic all game IMO, called the game with the right amount of physicality for the two teams and for Grand Final basketball, however, one blunder could well have cost Perth the game. With seconds left in regulation Vukona had the ball on the Perth baseline and was inbounding. He certainly could've been called for 5 seconds but in order to get the ball in took two steps to the right and launched it to half court which lead to Damian Martin diving on the ball and rightfully being whistled for his fifth and final foul. Beveridge was furious and rightfully so. Had this been called we might be talking about the game differently.

The NZ commentators do make my ears bleed. Whether i'm just accustomed to Carfino, Heal and Gaze I don't know but they are painful too listen too! Actually lead me to have some bias towards Perth!

Reply #358307 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

If you don't like the commentary you can always use the mute button on your remote.

Reply #358308 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Agreed on the refs. Thought the level of physicality allowed was perfect for both sides.

I liked the move to leave Martin out there from (late in the third?) when he got his fourth foul. Bold coaching/playing.

Reply #358310 | Report this post

Mutley  
Years ago

A fantastic game and a great win by NZ without Abercrombie. Game Two should be a beauty!

Reply #358313 | Report this post

Greg  
Years ago

The 8-9 days to Game 2 is why the Breakers will win.
CJ will be as good again as last night. If it was less than 4 days he would be very limited. That's why he gave up the Boomers. The training, travel and number of games in a short time, finally became too much.

Reply #358314 | Report this post

Yankles67  
Years ago

When was Knight injured? Anyone know if it is serious?

Reply #358330 | Report this post

orbit  
Years ago

Casey called the game great!

Well done mate!

Reply #358347 | Report this post

Dunkin' Dan  
Years ago

Knight came off with just over a minute in the game after copping a hit in the hand from (I think it was) Jackson as he tried to gather in a pass under the hoop. Dislocated finger according to the commentators, so hopefully he'll be fine for game 2. Hope so anyway because he was great last night.

Reply #358349 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Best NBL game I've seen in a long time. Mika was definitely a game changer, in that last qtr just hustling like nobody else and stealing rebounds he had no business getting. I think he was certainly the difference maker. Great to see how far he's come with his game on both ends. Henry was terrible, haven't seen him before so just going on this one game but I couldn't work out what business he had being on court at all.
One of the best things was certainly the way the refs let the guys decide the game on court and not take over with their whistles.

Reply #358365 | Report this post

Dunkin' Dan  
Years ago

Henry is normally a good spot-up shooter from the perimeter, and was obviously forced to play far more minutes than usual last night with Abercrombie out, but yeah he didn't handle the extra load too well.

He's still better than Williamson
:/

Reply #358367 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

Henry played fairly good defense against some pretty good offensive players. He got some rebounds and boxed out, job done. He was never expected to come out and score 15 points, just play some defense and hustle after rebounds which he did, NZ have plenty of other guys that can score although Henry is capable of knocking down the 3 ball and also has decent hops.

Reply #358419 | Report this post

kamargaon Kapasia  
Years ago

Reply #359061 | Report this post

kamargaon Kapasia  
Years ago

Reply #359062 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Does anyone know where we can see this game live?

Reply #359071 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:59 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754