benno
Years ago

gary neal over patty mills?

i find this annoying as neal is sh** why does pop choose to play neal over mills?

Topic #28084 | Report this topic

jacob  
Years ago

because hes better

Reply #358522 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Don't get me wrong, its great that we are supporting Aussies overseas. Its just super annoying with all the bias opinions. Gary Neal is much more than just a bit better, he has won playoff games in the past.

Reply #358525 | Report this post

athlete  
Years ago

I love how uneducated some people are when it comes to the NBA, Patty Mills is still very much unproven and very raw, he is in no way or shape good enough or proven to play above Gary Neal, who has won the Spurs a few huge games in the last 2 years, if Patty was good enough, Pop would play him more, he is one of if not the most respected coach in the league.

Reply #358529 | Report this post

jacob  
Years ago

thankyou

Reply #358532 | Report this post

themvpiskb24  
Years ago

Gary Neal - an old sophomore in the NBA, very reliable as a combo guard. Facilitates and shoots when needed and a pretty good defender off the bench.

Patty Mills - Comes up shorter in all those areas when compared to Gary Neal, especially in the facilitating part.

Reply #358540 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

Gary Neal at 6"4 is able to defend better than Mills.

To give himself the best chance of getting in the regular rotation, Mills needs to lower his Turnovers.

Pop hates turnovers!

With that been said, Mills is shooting 42.9% from 3 and is avg 8.8 ppg, which is a great considering how new he is to the team.

Reply #358549 | Report this post

curtley  
Years ago

Neal is better than Patty, he was one of the best back up PGs going around last season as a rookie.

Reply #358557 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Neal's 28 with experience around the globe, better size and defence than Patty. Experience makes a big difference and so does size.

Reply #358558 | Report this post

johnny_sack  
Years ago

To use an analogy from the animal world: Neal is a Great White Shark, Patty is a Meerkat.

As a Minny fan i have seen Neal kill us a few times now - he is a legit bench weapon.

Not to say that Mills is a chump (he is not), but to say Neal is #### is way, way out of line.

Reply #358569 | Report this post

Dr Bullshit  
Years ago

Benno just got served haha.
I dont like Neal much either but he is a better player than Mills at present.

Reply #358971 | Report this post

Flep  
Years ago

Millsy is averaging more turnovers per game than assists. And that's in 15 mins floor time over 11 games.

I'd be going to Gary Neal too.

Reply #359044 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:54 am, Wed 24 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754