Isaac
Years ago

Everard Bartlett in the NZ NBL

Might be of interest to 36ers fans:

Zero Fees Southland Sharks 102 (Kevin Braswell 36, Dan Peck 21, Craig Bradshaw 19 HBS Bank Hawks 87 (Everard Bartlett 33, Paora Winitana 28), Final
Bartlett went 13/21 FG including 6/11 3P. I think he's averaging 50%+ from long range for the season to date.

Had a game the other week with something like 14 points in OT alone?

Topic #28088 | Report this topic

Tornado  
Years ago

Certsinly not doing himself any harm on obtaining a NBL contract next season.

Reply #358571 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

He has certainly stepped up in the last couple of years

Reply #358575 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Should start sizing himself up for a Tall Blacks singlet.

Reply #358576 | Report this post

The_Champ33  
Years ago

Winitana still plays over there?

Reply #358582 | Report this post

billo  
Years ago

I see Bartlett as a poor man's Patty Mills, an athletic spark plug who knows how to score but who sometimes lacks a bit of basketball IQ and will always be a bit unpredictable.

Having said that I'd be happy enough if we re-signed him next season, he brings a bit of an x factor about him and you can't teach athleticism.

Reply #358584 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I'd be cool with bringing Bartlett back next season but with Crossy coming back from injury do we really need him?

Reply #358618 | Report this post

Wildcat Fan  
Years ago

I'd like to see him back at the Wildcats. I dont think we will be keeping Drew Williamson, so a spot should be available again.

Ive also heard that his girlfriend lives in Perth - though dont know how relevant/true that is.

Reply #358642 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Pretty sure that's true I remember reading he spent his time in Perth between playing in NZ & Iceland.

Supposedly he had been training with the Wildcats anyway so it was a logical decision for them to throw him an NBL lifeline.

Reply #358645 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

Good to see him filling it up in NZ. I like the fact that he can shoot from deep as well as get to the basket (unlike our current SGs). Depending on how the team shapes up, would like to see him backing up shooting guard for the Sixers. While he made some nice passes at times, ideally he would only get spot minutes at PG next season.

Reply #358650 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

sure as heck is better tahn brad robbins..

Reply #358661 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

check out basketball.org.nz for Ev's current stats. Dropped 24 yesterday against last years NZ NBL champs... is playing really well for Hawkes Bay Hawks as a SG but plays alot better at point when he gets the chance. Definately putting his hand up for Tall Black selection and I'd expect to see him in the ANBL later this year.

Reply #359825 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:07 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754