Isaac
Years ago

Crocs prioritising PC, Schensch, Blanchfield

The Townsville Crocodiles are hoping to secure the signatures of starters Peter Crawford, Luke Schenscher and Todd Blanchfield immediately as they look to build for the next NBL season.

The trio had mutual extension options in their contracts for 2012/2013 and Crocs chief executive Ian Smythe said he was hoping to hear back from their agents quickly so they could look to secure other players.

"As always with our contracts, we work through systematically ... so as we lock one away, we then move on to the next one because obviously someone like Peter Crawford is a significant part of the puzzle and so is Luke Schenscher, so if I could get those two locked away it gives you some certainty," Smythe said.
Full story

Wonder if PC would consider a move while his stock was high?

If the new Melbourne team is indeed delayed, the ball has not yet swung too far into the players' court. I expect that the Tigers in particular will be keen to recruit strongly.

Topic #28098 | Report this topic

paul  
Years ago

You would think the Crocs perenial playoff status would certainly give them an advantage over a basketcase like Melbourne. The players at Townsville seem to get along well and like the coach, those are big pluses when it comes to retaining players.

Reply #358700 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I heard Schenscher wants to settle down in Adelaide.

Reply #358705 | Report this post

natwhereyouat  
Years ago

Schenscher can go where ever he pleases.. To be honest if i was the Crocs i'd look at signing Nevill over Schenscher. Or look at what imports there are out there before jumping at Luke.

PC, he loves the city & the front office, he isn't going anywhere.

Blanchfield i'm not sure about, not sure if he wants to stay or see what else is out there. I know Gordie is high on him.. Not saying the Hawks will try to sign him, just that Gordie really likes his up side.

Reply #358710 | Report this post

Blanchfield will stay as his family are all up that way, maybe after next season he might look elsewhere as if his game keeps improving he is likely to get decent offers then.
Schenscher likes Townsville and gets along well with everyone. Can't see him leaving this season unless he gets offered a lot more money, which after his disappointing year won't happen.
The Tigers made an offer for PC last off-season but it was a lower offer than anything else he got (Tigers probably kicking themselves now considering how poorly they shot from the 3pt line! lol) so he won't head to the Tigers unless they actually want to spend the money but even then I can't see him leaving the Crocs for them or anyone else.

Reply #358714 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Schenscher signed a two year deal deal last offseason (1 year plus player option for 2nd year, like Weigh) and given the down year he had due to injury I'd expect him to pick up that option with the Crocs for next season.

Reply #358737 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

all 3 will sign in the next fortnight leaving PC, Luke, Todd, Jacob Holmes & Mitch Norton as returning players

Reply #358739 | Report this post

MikefromtheK  
Years ago

Neville?
He did nothing at the Tigers. You could say he didn't have a great opportunity at the Tigers because there were a lot of other bigs in the roster. So I'll cut him some slack.
Neville at Perth looks good. However, any player that gets court time at Perth looks good because they're an awesome team. Perth make average players look like above average players. So Neville is somewhere between his Melbourne and Perth form. Either way I don't rate him that high unless I'm missing something about him that even puts him in the same league as Big Red.

Reply #358898 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:26 am, Wed 24 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754