Bulldog
Years ago

Old NBL Games

Can anybody tell me a good place to get some old NBL games? Anybody here have a collection?

Recently bought and watched the two 36ers DVDs, as well as box sets for the Lakers, Spurs, Bulls and Celtics and all were thoroughly enjoyed. However, for each Championship year the NBA DVDs had one full game from that Finals series, while the 36ers dics just had highlights.

I am in no way knocking the 36ers DVDs as they were great, but now I have a hankering for watching some old NBL games from the heyday.

Can anybody point me in a good direction?

Topic #28138 | Report this topic

natwhereyouat  
Years ago

We (andthefoul.net) posted a few old NBL games for download during the Heritage round. Will be doing so again next season.

Also this off season we've been allowed to attack a couple teams game archives. So will be spending a few months converting VHS & BETA tapes to digital format, but not sure how many we will be putting up for download.

As far as NBL DVDs go, they are few and far between. We've been trying to make a Wollongong/Illawarra Hawks DVD for some time. It's just a matter of finding the time really.

Reply #359248 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Bruce Ninnis, I think it is, has a lot.

Reply #359259 | Report this post

Stonne  
Years ago

Natwhereyouat- which teams have given you access?

Reply #359278 | Report this post

Bulldog  
Years ago

Thanks for the replies guys. Unfortunately it looks like sports scene is the only option at the moment then after the replies here and searching other threads.

Will keep an eye out for and the foul natwhereyouat, but Isaac I am afraid I do not know the Ninnis'.

Well if anyone has any other ideas or places perhaps we could find a private tracker that people have invites to and take over it as an NBL torrent site.

Reply #359315 | Report this post

Bulldog  
Years ago

Further to this, although I don't have a fast upload speed, if anybody has any games on DVD I am happy to rip them and upload them for everyone.

Unfortunately I do not have a VCR to be able to transfer VHS to DVD or digital.

Reply #359332 | Report this post

NJS  
Years ago

Out of interest... just ordered the Title Town DVD and I'm curious to know whattbthe format is. Does is go into each season in pretty decent detail?
Game highlights from through out the season?
Very excited to watch it!

Reply #359395 | Report this post

Bulldog  
Years ago

NJS, They do look at every season individually and do show some highlights, but obviously there is a greater focus on the championship years. But the players are generally very honest in their comments, especially regarding some of the stellar imports we had in the early 90s.

But there are also some lowlights in there, so be prepared for the best and most painful.

Reply #359403 | Report this post

Bulldog  
Years ago

They are well worth the purchase. I was never heavily into basketball in the 80s so was good to see our proud history from the beginning, as well as the 90s, which brought back a lot of fond memories.

Reply #359404 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

A mate of mine collects nbl and nba games on dvd, he has a bunch of old sixers games on dvd. He has a website listing all his games at www.bradssportgames.weebly.com

Reply #359773 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:22 pm, Wed 24 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754