Isaac
Years ago

Matt Knight considering retirement

Mentioned on Twitter by Andrew Price, heard from Bruton. Apparently the shoulder injury is troublesome.

Real shame. He was a warrior in Game Three especially.

Topic #28184 | Report this topic

MACDUB  
Years ago

Matt Knight is such a great player.

He really showed his worth in the final series. Would hate to see him retire.

Does anyone think there is a correlation between early careers and the AIS?

Do players that attend the AIS suffer injuries more commonly and hence retire earlier?

Reply #359999 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Would be a massive blow/shame for Aus basketball imo, if he could stay injury free for a decent length of time would be a very handy Boomers player and franchise NBL player.

Hope he gets healthy and best of luck to him what ever he choses basketball wise, great player but health does have to come first.

Reply #360001 | Report this post

kobe24  
Years ago

Macdub id say this is just a sad once off. Whos knows, without the AIS perhaps he wouldnt have had a career to retire from. Not so intensely strenuous on the kids that it affects them later on. Freak type shoulder injury anyone could obtain ala Wayne Carey in the AFL, and shit happens basically.

Reply #360011 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

No way this will happen

Reply #360028 | Report this post

rjd  
Years ago

"Macdub id say this is just a sad once off."

Simon Dwight must've retired at a similar age. Perhaps a couple years older. Any other early retirees from the AIS?

Reply #360049 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

MACDUB, I don't think coming from the AIS has any link to early retirement because this is how the rest of the worlds players operate. Most other countries are practicing attest 5 times a week throughout juniors and weights are also included in that so I can not see any correlation unless the player is just unfortunate. He is at that level because of the AIS and the training he did over those years... I doubt he will retire

Reply #360050 | Report this post

Greg  
Years ago

NBL players overtrain and underplay.
Fact of their sporting life.

Reply #360051 | Report this post

clarky  
Years ago

If this is true then it is an absolute shame! I love the way he plays!

Just a question...

Do people think that given his injury history, he would be a useful role player off the bench (if he was willing to continue playing)??

The way I see it, he hustles on every play, crashes the boards hard, plays excellent defense (on and off the ball) and is able to fit into the offense without needing too many touches.
Just imagine the damage a player like that could do coming off your bench playing 15-18mins a game and being the veteran/anchor of your bench unit...

Reply #360205 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Absolutely, if he was willing to do it i'd sign him up right away,

Reply #360214 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

He's not retiring.

Reply #360220 | Report this post

phil  
Years ago

frak me . his the guy ild love to see next to dj.

Reply #360224 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Gr8 player, however unfortunately injury prone.

Reply #360227 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:20 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754