Tyrell
Years ago

Wilkinson and Jackson not returning.

Wilkinson and Jackson (we knew this) both not coming back then. This confirms it:

http://i.stuff.co.nz/sport/basketball/6830645/Tom-Abercrombie-rises-in-ANBL-points-rankings

"Breakers star import pairing of Cedric Jackson and Gary Wilkinson, who ended their one-year deals with a championship last Tuesday, along with local player Tom Abercrombie, have all been ranked as 10-point players."

Topic #28208 | Report this topic

Tyrell  
Years ago

Further interesting reading;

http://i.stuff.co.nz/sport/basketball/6824473/Gary-Wilkinson-accepts-his-fate-with-grace

Reply #360566 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

Breakers always announce Import signings last and never sign them long term.
They have a good record with picking Imports so I expect the next lot to fill what ever void is needed after the local contingent in the team is finalized.

Reply #360568 | Report this post

Nochance  
Years ago

Good chance Wilkinson will become a Croc now that Schenscher is gone possibly??

Reply #360573 | Report this post

Cell  
Years ago

For Wilkison I think there is little chance he signs with another aussie club. He spoke on the radio and said it would be very very hard for him to play against the breakers. I also cant see an NBL side being able to offer the money of europe.

As for Jackson....
http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/basketball/6824920/Breakers-Jackson-lines-up-trial-with-Golden-State

Reply #360574 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

The article linked at the top doesnt actually say Jackson and Wilkinson arent coming back, but Wilkinson does look extremely unlikely while Jackson will depend how far he progresses with an NBA club.

If Cedric doesnt attract much interest he may decide to head back OS and the Breakers will be a real shot. I would be surprised if he doesnt get a veterans camp though, he has been on the NBA fringe for a couple of years and has improved his game this year.

Reply #360575 | Report this post

natwhereyouat  
Years ago

Crocs won't sign Wilkinson.

Jackson we always knew, and there's still a chance he might return depending on his NBA try outs.

Also, Abercrombie is actually playing as a 1 this year, even though his skill level is ranked at a 10.

Reply #360579 | Report this post

Nochance  
Years ago

Nat... What do u mean T.A is playing as a 1 this year? R u saying he signed a contract extension when he was only rated as a 1 point player??

Also, Crocs need a big so it's either Wilko or Nevill... They freed up good coin to make good offers to them. Wilko gives them a scorer who can spread the floor, Nevill gives them a thick body to plug the middle... Crocs have always loved to live and die by the 3-ball so Wilko being able to shoot from outside is a perfect fit for them!

Reply #360585 | Report this post

natwhereyouat  
Years ago

Yep, correct.
This link explains it a little better

http://www.nbl.com.au/news/article///ask-nbl-hq-player-points-system-explained/4/

Reply #360592 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

NoChance, it is just that, no chance for Townsville. Breakers still may find a way to fit Wilkinson into the mix but otherwise I believe he will get decent $ in Europe

Reply #360605 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Pretty sure if wilkinson doesnt sign with breakers next season he wont be in the NBL

Reply #360606 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

They have a good record with picking Imports

Piere Wooten & Iona Enosa say hi.

Reply #360619 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I really hope wilkinson is back, he has very quickly become the player i love to hate! Need morons like him to keep fans involved. Sure Paul will find a way to make it happen if he wants Wilkinson back!

Reply #360635 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:32 pm, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754