forcey
Years ago

Mitch joins Boomers squad

He'll be a long shot to make the London team, but this is nice recognition for him. Sure he'll compete hard and push his case for 2016.

http://www.36reasons.net/2012/05/mitch-creek-joins-boomers-squad.html

Topic #28220 | Report this topic

Vart  
Years ago

Forcey - I'd say he's more than a long shot. No chance to make the London squad really. Brett Brown has done a nice job in bringing in the best performing players from our last U19 world championship squad, which Creek was part of. He's got a lot of work to do to raise his game to Olympic standards, but he also has four years to do it. His focus would definitely be on Rio 2016, and the experience of being part of this squad will be invaluable for him.

Reply #360726 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

^ agreed.

Broekhoff, Motum, Greenwood and Drmic are recognised for great form in college hoops and/or for the Emu's. Exposure to the top level with a view to the future - along with Creek, none of these guys will make the Boomers team IMO.

Reply #360727 | Report this post

Vart  
Years ago

I agree LC. Of the five guys you mentioned, in my opinion Greenwood is the only real long-shot to make London. Even then, it would take Gibson or Martin being injured for him to have a shot.

I believe all of the five guys - Greenwood, Drmic, Motum, Broekoff and Creek - will definitely represent the Boomers at either a world championships or an Olympics (or both) in the future.

Reply #360733 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What about cadee

Wasn't he in consideration at one stage?

Reply #360767 | Report this post

Vart  
Years ago

Anon - yes, Cadee has been part of Boomers squads in the past. Unfortunately with his horrific accident suffered during his rookie year, he hasn't really hit the heights predicted (not his fault of course). He showed glimpses during the second half of the season though. I think if he leaves the GC and lands a starting PG spot somewhere, he will blossom into an NBL star and will definitely be part of future Boomers squads.

Reply #360783 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

so does this mean no ABA for mitch and warriors- short lived connection- onto "green"er pastures

Reply #360819 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:41 am, Wed 24 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754