Dave
Years ago

Cairns Taipans Announcement Today

Noticed on andthefoul.net Facebook page last night:
'Taipans announcement tomorrow. Not sure which big signing they're about to announce, two big bomb shells coming your way. First one, tomorrow!'
Any idea who these may be??

Topic #28221 | Report this topic

paul  
Years ago

Nup, but chatting to one of their players a few weeks ago he seemed very happy with what was going to be announced (but wouldnt even give me a hint!!) so perhaps it is something good?

If they are announcing two signings soon one of them might be Jeromie Hill returning from college?? One of the 'bombshells' could also be Crosswhite leaving.

Reply #360724 | Report this post

Vart  
Years ago

Or could it be Jawai coming back? I realise he makes a lot of money in Europe, but coming from Cape York, he is a prime candidate to be homesick.

Reply #360728 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

That would certainly be a bombshell!

Reply #360729 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Tragardh

Reply #360738 | Report this post

The Journo  
Years ago

Tragardh or maybe Schenscher?

Reply #360740 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Alongside Loughton, I would've thought that a big with some defensive skills would suit them. Davidson, Schenscher, etc.

We haven't heard of many players being cleared to talk to other teams, so if it's something they're ready to announce, that might be someone returning to Australia or Tragardh. They'll announce Tragardh at some point though.

What was the Crocs news yesterday? Just that Luke was departing? They made it sound like it was a signing IMO.

AndTheFoul has Dillon heading to the Blaze. They had Deleon for peanuts so I'm surprised they haven't tried to keep him there for a small raise.

Reply #360751 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So is Trigger definatly a Taipan? I hope so as it means the 36ers have not signed him and can use that spot to chase Schenscher or Neville

Reply #360758 | Report this post

Vart  
Years ago

Anon - of the available big men, I would certainly pursue Nevill and Schenscher ahead of Tragardh as well.

Reply #360759 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Today a new sponsorship deal with CQU to restart the Taipans Academy (developed guys like Worthington and Jawai) was announced.

Crossie has gone to the Kings (not a big surprise so the club has been olanning for it).

More announcements as the FA starts i believe - club is buzzing.

Reply #360760 | Report this post

Tiger Watcher  
Years ago

Tragardh

Reply #360761 | Report this post

Tiger Watcher  
Years ago

Spoke to 6er and they missed out by a bee's on getting Tragardh and mentioned he'll end up in cairns.

Reply #360763 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Yes, Tragardh is not coming to Adelaide but not likely to be Cairns' announcement. Steindl? He was on the PPR list.

Reply #360765 | Report this post

Dave  
Years ago

So there were no player announcements today, is that right?

Reply #360770 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Deleon would be a good pickup for the kings

Reply #360779 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

To the peanut who said the 36er didn't put a contract to trigger you were wrong. I'm happy he's not coming here but the fact is he had a contract to look at and decided not to come here.

Reply #360789 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

Are there allowed to be any 'Official' player announcements before next Tuesday?

Reply #360796 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Re-signings and players from outside the league.

Reply #360798 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Jeromie Hill (UTSA) will be signing with Cairns... I doubt Steindl will ever play NBL

Reply #360808 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Anon '808, can we make bets on Steindl playing NBL, with the pay-off ramping up based on the number of years he plays? Let me know if you're keen.

Baynes was up in Cairns, working out I assume - photo.

Reply #360816 | Report this post

Wookiee  
Years ago

I THOUGHT that was him in the twitter pic! Has he got ties up there at all?

I was hoping that he'd be an NBL option at some point last season when he was averaging more fouls than points per game, but he seems to have come good, even if he might not be getting paid in the Greek league, with all their money trublems...

Soooo a bit of an anti-climax with that announcement today... Not even a re-signing... the first week of the no-talk period sure has been quiet (officially)

Reply #360818 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Word is Bayne is back home for a bit and will train (might play a few games) with the QBL Cairns Marlins.

Returning players can be announced this week and new players wont be announced until FA starts next Tuesday 5pm.

Reply #360822 | Report this post

Vart  
Years ago

Anon #360808, why do you think Steindl won't play NBL?

Reply #360824 | Report this post

moo moo  
Years ago

baynes to be a taipan. not getting paid in greece, by by crossy hello baynes,,

Reply #360892 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

yeh its definitely tragardh
trust me

Reply #361175 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:51 pm, Tue 16 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754