DB5
Years ago

Dunlap interviewing for NBA head coaching gig?

Ex 36er coach Mike Dunlap is to interview for the vacant Charlotte Bobcats coaching job next week.
Looks like he is going up against Patrick Ewing and Nate McMillan for starters so not sure if he has any chance, but knowing MJ's frugality (tight arseness)Dunlap just may have a shot.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/7905683/patrick-ewing-get-interview-charlotte-bobcats-coach-sources-say

Someone said earlier he was no good coaching adults....Bobcats should be a perfect fit then.

Topic #28277 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Pretty sure he's already coached in the NBA as an assistant with Denver.

Reply #361715 | Report this post

old timer  
Years ago

done a good job at st johns - their programme has really stepped up

Reply #361720 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

Yes he was an assistant for 3? years at Denver to George Karl who still rates him highly.

He is going for the Head Coach gig with Charlotte though.

Not sure what MJ will do, be a tight arse and hire Dunlap hoping he has a diamond in the rough, or hire his old buddy Patrick..

"Hey Pat, sorry for making you my bitch all of those years, lets win a title together, I think we can do it with this squad, plus a #1....are you doubting me Pat? Right 1v1 it is".

Reply #361730 | Report this post

orbit  
Years ago

I hear Brett Brown is a shoe in for a head coaching gig in the near future!!

Reply #361734 | Report this post

Panther32  
Years ago

I'm going to take a guess and say MJ will step right away from this process especially with Patrick going for it.

Reply #361792 | Report this post

curtley  
Years ago

You don't hire a friend you will possibly have to fire later on, so either Michael doesn't get involved or doesn't hire Patrick. But having him in for an interview then not hiring him is nearly as bad as hiring and firing him.

Reply #361933 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/7938524/sources-charlotte-bobcats-interview-patrick-ewing-thursday

bit of an update here.

Reply #362772 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

Charlotte Bobcats owner Michael Jordan told Hall of Famer Patrick Ewing that he didn't make the cut to be the team's coach, a league source told ESPN The Magazine's Chris Broussard Wednesday.

The former Knicks center interviewed with Bobcats management, and because Ewing and Jordan are friends, Jordan personally reached out to deliver the news.

According to Yahoo! Sports, which first reported the story, the Bobcats want to see where they end up in the draft lottery Wednesday before they continue the interview process.

Charlotte has a 25 percent chance, the best of any team, to get the first pick in the draft. Kentucky's Anthony Davis is widely regarded as the No. 1 player available.

Ewing is an assistant coach for the Orlando Magic.

The Bobcats will interview Pacers assistant coach Brian Shaw on Friday, sources told Broussard. They will interview Lakers assistant Quin Snyder on June 4. The Bobcats reached out to former Magic coach Stan Van Gundy, but sources say he told them he is thinking about taking next season off.

Other names in the mix for the Bobcats are Golden State assistant Mike Malone, former Utah coach Jerry Sloan, ex-Portland coach Nate McMillan and Cleveland assistant Nate Tibbetts.

Charlotte did not bring back Paul Silas after a 7-59 record this season.

Reply #364422 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:53 am, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754