Bizzy
Years ago

Flopping in the NBA

Watching NBA it is becoming more and more apparent that players are flopping to try and get a foul or they get a slight touch and act like they have been shot.

How can we get it out of the game?

Exhibit A

LeBitch

Topic #28282 | Report this topic

natwhereyouat  
Years ago

Lebron's flopping has gotten out of control. Any touch and his head kicks back and a foul is called. I don't watch Heat games anymore. I've been a huge basketball fan for.. shit, 20 years now, and if the Heat make the finals this year.. It will be the first year i haven't watched a NBA finals game since i started following basketball.

The Clippers are also just as bad, Although the refs don't reward them as much as they reward the Heat. But Chris Paul flopping and Blake Griffin just looking at refs with that blank look.. How about getting back on D!??!?!

Reply #361803 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

When the hand swipes past the face you see Lebrons face move (I am pretty sure thats what happens). So it was a foul however it didn't need the extra reaction by lebron

Reply #361813 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

The guys mentioned would get hacked hard every single game. Flopping is pretty crap but if you get hacked why not make sure you are gonna get the call?

Reply #361814 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

Heat & Clippers are the two worst offending teams by far, which is why they are two of my most disliked franchises.

Reply #361815 | Report this post

pwned  
Years ago

Anyone see Gallinari's flop against Pau Gasol the other day?? Pretended to get a hit to the throat from an on ball screen. Tried to sell it too much then wouldn't get up to help his team, who then gave up more or less the game winning basket:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NayhDig6oJw

Reply #361818 | Report this post

igotmadskills  
Years ago

he was just grabbing his face which got hacked and visibly whacked. you speed that all up to real time and it looks fine.

Who on here actually plays and has been whacked in the eye/face/nose area as your driving to the rim - its not fun so his reaction is fine.

Anyone complainging about that footage im happy to re-inact it with you playing the lebron part and ill be landry - then we can slow it down and see what you do.. :-)

Reply #361823 | Report this post

Tweet Tweet  
Years ago

Mick, are the Heat and Clippers disliked because they flop?

Or are the Heat disliked mainly because of how the LeBron signing went down and most people want to see the Super Friends of James, Wade and Bosh fail?

And are the Clippers mainly hated because they are one of, if not the least successful franchise historically in all of American sports and owned by one Grade A jerkoff?

Reply #361899 | Report this post

Tassieballer  
Years ago

Flopping is BS. I know of coaches who at junior trainings teach there players to flop. As a big player I have had a lot of cases where the defender has flopped as I have turned. The joke is that if the offensive foul is not called I just dunk over them.

Reply #362435 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

And are the Clippers mainly hated because they are one of, if not the least successful franchise historically in all of American sports and owned by one Grade A jerkoff?

Being one of the least successful franchises doesn't make a team hated. People don't hate the Clippers because of Donald Sterling either, they pity the Clippers that he's the owner.

The main reason why I can see people disliking the Clippers is because of the flop. If they played with common decency, they wouldn't get the hate. Personally I like the Clippers, just not a fan of the flop, same applies to the Heat (although their supporters are horrible, where's the atmosphere at the Arena Miami fans??).

Reply #362440 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:03 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754