Isaac
Years ago

Phil Jackson keen to coach, but no offers

Jackson is currently in L.A., rehabbing from knee replacement surgery. He's also recently had his spine fused and artificial hips inserted, and he’s feeling good physically. But despite his 1,155 career wins and 11 championships, more than any other coach in the history of American pro sports, no one has expressed interest.

"It hurts," a Jackson confidante told Berger. “People need to know he is not dead, and he is not 70.”

Jackson is still a young buck at 66.

Topic #28303 | Report this topic

The_Champ33  
Years ago

I'm hoping he joins the New York Knicks.

Reply #362329 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"He's more machine now than man. Twisted and evil." Apologies to Sir Alec Guinness.

Reply #362335 | Report this post

Tiger Watcher  
Years ago

36er's??(Joking of course) Guess we got the best development coach around

Reply #362336 | Report this post

Mutley  
Years ago

Dammit, Anon beat me to it!

Reply #362343 | Report this post

ANON12  
Years ago

Priceless Tiger Watcher.

Reply #362353 | Report this post

hoopie  
Years ago

For Phil to take on the Knicks, he'd demand a lot more control than the Knicks owner would be prepared to give.

Would love it, but can't see it happening.

Reply #362358 | Report this post

Bo Hamburger  
Years ago

I'm secretly hoping the Lakers have another performance like today's in Game 2, they fire Mike Brown, and then prior to Game 3 tip-off at Staples they bring out Jackson in a Lady Gaga-like egg thing and the internet explodes.

Reply #362383 | Report this post

David  
Years ago

In my opinion I would like to see Jackson take a team and build it from scratch. The teams he has coached have Jordan and Kobe coaching the knicks would be a cop out they already have stoudamire and Anthony. If Jackson took over the Bobcats and made them a winner then I would be impressed.

Reply #362839 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I vote for the egg-thing scenario. Every event planner should have a bracelet saying "What would a Will Ferrell movie character do?"

Reply #362845 | Report this post

captain dan  
Years ago

Shocked MJ hasn't called Jackson bout the bobcats coaching role! Phil helped jordan win a few titles with the bulls so it would be good to see that tandem again!

Reply #363128 | Report this post

David  
Years ago

It's Official Mike Woodson signs as head coach with Knicks. Forget about Phil Jackson going to the Knicks.

Reply #363986 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:26 am, Wed 24 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754