ever optimistic
Years ago

Which 36ers signed for 2013-14 season?

Ok, so Creek, Cadee, Schenscher are all signed for the next two years.

All good news to me.

What non-local players ( Ie Daly, Ng) do we have signed - but ONLY for the next season ?

Is weigh and/or Dj signed for one or two more ?

I have a reason for asking, replies from more 36er-knowledgeable people than I would be greatly appreciated

Topic #28316 | Report this topic

skip  
Years ago

Johnson - 3 years
Creek - 2 years
Cadee - 2 years
Schenscher - 2 years
Crosswell - 1 year
Weigh - 1 year

Reply #362549 | Report this post

Hoops  
Years ago

I have heard that all the young guys requested a Coach Clause.

Reply #362553 | Report this post

ever optimistic  
Years ago

Well , going from the above numbers, and assuming that ALL "the young Guys' did in fact ask ( and get) a coach clause -

then that makes for an interesting dynamic for next season -

I thought the signings for 2 seasons may have been a conscious move to insulate the club roster somewhat from the probable non-renewal of the current coaching staff next season.

Makes it very interesting medium term .

If there is a continuance of the last two season's results - that then makes it difficult to argue for the coach to be re-signed - which may result in these players not only leaving- but leaving for bigger dollars as well

- would be a really devastating one-two hit for the club - unless some exceptional coach recruitment is done to encourage the players to stay

- but if some of these players do improve significantly - but the team as a whole does not perform well - then their agents are really going to say to them - " all good - job done- lets both go get a payday elsewhere"

- so IF the season is down the tubes early like the last 2 /4 years - then that won't help the team focus at all..

would be a big question for the CEO then as well -

- do we start looking for a new coach early - and hope that we can keep the players - worst case outcome new coach and all new players (- like that's always worked well )

OR do we still hang on to Marty for one more year after that ( and perhaps force a 2nd more experienced assistant coach onto him with the leverage of his probably less than long line of potential suitors) and wait for the younger players to wise up after the 4th season ( or even succeed in season 4) ?

Be interesting to see what effect (if any) Croswell, Cadee and Schenscher's observations about their past coaches would have on Creek and DJ.

Personally i think the above is not too bad a starting 5 as is - trouble is where do we put Weigh.

Would be nice all round if we could just have great results next season ( justly reflecting the obvious play talent) - then coaches and players stay.

Reply #362574 | Report this post

ever optimistic  
Years ago

This is how I would like to see this season finishing

Schenscher / Oz Rookie or Greg Vanderjagt
Johnson / Import such as Williamson
Import / Weigh
Creek/ Ng
Cadee / Crosswell

Reply #362584 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Shooting guards usually need to be able to shoot.

I'd slot Creek in for the back up small forward spot behind Weigh.

Reply #362614 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Agree with ever optimistic but instead but

Schenscher / Oz Rookie or Greg Vanderjagt
Johnson / Import such as Williamson
Weigh / Creek
Import/ Ng
Cadee / Crosswell

Interesting to see if Schenscher can be our Tyson Chandler

Reply #362615 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:31 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754