ref and inflatible doll

did i see a local new ABl ref on TV today at Power v Tigers with a certain blow up mascot.

in the middle of the power cheer squad

National TV coverage - live the dream!

Topic #2832 | Report this topic

Degenerate  
Years ago

I am happy the Power lost again!!!

SUCKED IN PORT!

Reply #32157 | Report this post

the doll looked a bit flat - like the powers last 3/4s

nothing like getting your dial all over national TV !

Reply #32166 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

Made my weekend watching the Power get pumped again..........

Reply #32190 | Report this post

G-Funk-Era  
Years ago

Tuff break for the power fans. Hopefully they will get used it. Very slim chances of going back to back.

keep up the great work Power

Reply #32192 | Report this post

truth seeker  
Years ago

I luv how all the crows supporters are coming out of the closet now. The supporters have been collecting dust for 4 years and now that they're finially winning some games (they've already won more games this season than they did for the entire last years season) the supporters are like half dead sheep, following their team only through the highs and hiding in their fav closet when anything gets tough. Power supporters are the true sport supporters as they dont give up on their team when things are looking tough. Port....stay strong and ignore the thousands of opionions of the dead sheep!!!!!!!!!!

Reply #32194 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

jealous?

Reply #32195 | Report this post

truth seeker  
Years ago

of wat? do nothing for a few years? then winning a few games? then i must be jealous. Crows are so awesome. team of the century i say.

Reply #32200 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

You're only as good as your last game... Port got thrashed by last year's wooden-spooners... Lowest points percentage in the AFL. They've scored the least points of any team.

Reply #32202 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

jealous of our premeirship, we proved it was not a one-off, by winning it back to back. Sure, last years port team was great, but what does your performance this year say about your club? Power is not a strong CLUB, like the crows. For that, your jealous!

Reply #32203 | Report this post

truth seeker  
Years ago

crows won it back to back over 6 years ago. Power won it last year. this year definitely isn't over. Crows havent dont anything spec this year either in comparison to the top 2 teams. Face it. Crows will always be crows, so no matter what they will never come back and will always have to resort back to living in the past.

Reply #32207 | Report this post

truth seeker  
Years ago

crows can come back and claim they've done something decent when they've done that. Until now they should sit quiet and shut up.

Reply #32208 | Report this post

Degenerate  
Years ago

I bet all the Port fans will go back into a closet when they are eating from the wooden spoon this year

Reply #32209 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

crows beat the 2nd place team this round, didn't they? plus they've gone back to back which is something the power haven't done.

Reply #32211 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Correct me if I'm wrong but didnt crows also give port a thrashing just the other week? But at the moment everyone's beating port. I'm not a crows support nor am I a port supporter, but honestly port aren't doing too well for themselves at the moment now are they. And you say all the crows supporters hide when they start losing. So where are all the port supporters at the moment? The only time port supporters come out of hiding when they're losing is to try and give crows fans crap *sarcasm* yeh wicked look at all the port support *end sarcasm*.

There ya go people something to talk about and bitch at each other more :P

Reply #32212 | Report this post

Mott the Hoople  
Years ago

I blame the Power's song. Now they are top, they've stopped.

Reply #32213 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So was it an abl ref with the inflatible doll

Reply #32216 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

Inflatible doll, nah, just another power supporter full of hot air.......

Reply #32223 | Report this post

Liam Flynn  
Years ago

Great post anonymous (#32212). I particularly liked how you slagged off the reigning premiers, then encouraged both groups of supporters to fight amoungst themselves; all while not declaring who you are or what team you barrack for. A brilliant display of courage!!

There's nothing wrong with a bit of banter between Crows and Power fans...our boys certainly deserve a bit of curry at the moment!

Mott - I think your on to something. I will be contacting Andrew Lloyd Webber immediately for his input....

Reply #32229 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

Liam,

What's the go, it has taken you forever to finally join in this discussion. I have been waiting for your power loving comments, and some friendly banter, because you know deep deep down that the crows are playing better footy at the moment...... Follow your heart son..... Go CROWS!!!!!!!

Reply #32234 | Report this post

Liam Flynn  
Years ago

I guess when I saw the topic titled "ref and inflatable doll" my thoughts were that the thread was in reference to a party for the boys in zebra stripes that may have gotten a bit out of control....

Reply #32237 | Report this post

truth seeker  
Years ago

if power supporters were in a hiding why am i sticking up for my team now? i'm not gonna be like a crows supporter (who have hiden for the past 6 years....sitting in their closet watching the back to back video) but instead im gonna stick by my team no matter what they go through. once again this proves how weak crows and their supporters really are

Reply #32244 | Report this post

Brdy  
Years ago

are you a centrals supporter as well by any chance??

Reply #32245 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

I found an article on ABC that did a research paper of football supports.... outcome and quoted from the article

"Let's have a look at Adelaide for a moment. The research found that Port Power fans earn less than $10,000 a year and smoke a lot. At the other end of town, Crow supporters are likely to vote Democrats. What do you think about that?

I would have actually applied the Chardonnay-sipping tag to the Crow supporters as well. Maybe with the Port supporters you've got to throw in a penchant for the mullet hairstyle"

I think the research says enough, except the Democrat part pissed me off!!!

http://www.abc.net.au/worldtoday/stories/s309204.htm

Reply #32248 | Report this post

Matt Ryan  
Years ago

Hey Liam,

Good post about the ref party and inflatable doll!

Gotta pay that one!

Good Call

Reply #32287 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

since when have the crows been a consistent top four team?

Reply #32332 | Report this post

truth seeker  
Years ago

i for one do earn less than 10 grand a year
in fact i dont work at all. im still in school. did the research take that into account. but seriously, all you crows supportesr are the same. are u proud of having your number 1 supporter as lleyton hewitt. i know i would be. hes an inspiration of all sporting people. the way he doesnt respect his oppenent and the way he abuses himself, and abuses other people (lines men), when they're infact right. ley ley dropped out of skool at year 10. from the sounds of this he sounds like the true "feral" as he's an un- educated, socially retarted, ego tisticially- wank. He seriously is a joke. When lleyton represents Australia in tournaments i at times truly am ashamed to be Australian

Reply #32456 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ahh just letting you know Lleyton is also the joint number 1 ticket holder of the 36ers also. :)

Reply #32476 | Report this post

truth seeker  
Years ago

exactly

Reply #32655 | Report this post

ley ley supporter  
Years ago

Truth i heard a great quote the other day:

Fan to Charles Barkley: Hey Barkley how come you never won a premiership.

Charles Barkley: F*$ck you Ive got $20 Mill.

Truth seeker, do u think it matters if the guy didnt finnish school, hes on $20 Mill a year.

Reply #32656 | Report this post

truth seeker  
Years ago

mate, u seriously dont desserve a response.

Reply #32659 | Report this post

ley ley supporter  
Years ago

Its simple, Money TALKS!

Reply #32662 | Report this post

good one ley ley  
Years ago

yea...port arent going that well are they

Reply #38369 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:02 am, Sat 30 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754