Vart
Years ago

Boomers starters for Farewell series v Greece

Tweet from @aussieboomers;

'Who do you think should start for the @aussieboomers in The #FarewellSeries against Greece?'

I'm going with Patty, Delly, Ingles, Nielsen and Jawai.

Topic #28320 | Report this topic

paul  
Years ago

Nice Vart. Just from a personal perspective, not what I think will happen, I would go:

Andersen, Nielsen, Barlow, Mills, Martin

Reply #362653 | Report this post

Vart  
Years ago

Thanks Paul - Whilst Andersen probably deserves to start, I'm not convinced that him and Nielsen starting together works well. From watching them in Turkey, we seemed to get creamed on the boards when those two were on the floor together at the same time, that's why I'm leaning towards Jawai starting.

Reply #362712 | Report this post

Vart  
Years ago

Paul, also, great call on Martin too. I believe so far he has been very underappreciated at Boomers level. If he could fix his three-point shot, I'm sure he could push for a starting role, but while that's still poor, I think he'll struggle.

Reply #362713 | Report this post

donkey  
Years ago

From centre down, I would go:

Baynes
Andersen
Ingles
Mills
Dellevadova

Off the bench:

Maric
Nielsen Jawai
Barlow
Newley Crawford
Martin

Reply #362726 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Agree re boards Vart, that was why I put Barlow and Martin in there as compensation. I definitely think Martin will struggle as he doesnt seem to fit Brown's style, but in my hypothetical team his lack of jump shot is offset by Andersen, Barlow and Mills, as well as Nielsen from mid range.

I like the idea of Jawai starting, go to him often and early ala Schortsanitis with Greece and see if he can draw some fouls or get some easy buckets.

Reply #362738 | Report this post

sitiveni  
Years ago

Jawai, Andersen, Ingles, Delly, Patty:

Reply #362858 | Report this post

EuroTra$h  
Years ago

For me, the best 5 would be:
Maric, Andersen, Ingles, Newley, Mills.

All in great form currently perhaps with the exception of Andersen who I haven't followed since Siena dropped out of Euroleague.

What actually happens, lord knows. Don't be surprised if it's Jawai, Nielsen, Barlow, Gibbo, Mills though.

Anyone noticed that Barlow has been playing the 4 spot all season long for his Spanish team? From some of the games I have seen there are some concerns there, particularly defensively.

Reply #362935 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Didnt Barlow start playing more PF a while after they signed Udoka?

Out of the first five you mentioned, the only one I would say has been in great form IS Andersen! The others have shown occasional glimpses, but he is the only one who has played consistent minutes and produced all season.

Reply #362946 | Report this post

Step back  
Years ago

For mine

Jawai, Anderson, Ingles, Newley, Mills

Bench:

Neilson, Delly, Maric, Crawford, Baynes,
Barlow

Reply #363007 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:40 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754