____
Years ago

Div 1's together on Friday Night

Has looked at how many times each club gets to spend a whole night together on friday nights throughout there season

Forestville: 4 times Rounds: 1,3,6,18
Rockets: 6 times Rounds: 2,4,5,10,12,16
Sturt: 9 times Rounds: 1,3,5,7,9,11,13,15,17
South: 5 times Rounds: 1,4,6,14,18
Southern: 5 times Rounds: 1,3,5,13,15
West: 6 times Rounds: 2,5,7,13,17,18
Lions: 3 times Rounds: 9,10,15
Mavericks: 3 times Rounds: 8,11,16
Norwood: 9 times Rounds: 2,4,6,8,10,12,14,16,18
Woodville: Dont Have enough teams to spend a whole night together

Now i was one that wouldve thought that forestville wouldve been the clear favourites in this but obviously sturt and norwood take the prize
I feel sorry for Lions and Mavs who only get three weeks with one another

and sorry if i have made a mistake anywhere i got confused at a couple of different points

Topic #28345 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Field a team in every age group of both genders in Div 1 then.

Reply #363205 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

'Now i was one that wouldve thought that forestville would've been the clear favourites'

But at least you used facts rather than emotion, unlike many others on hoops who are firm believers in the eagles/bsa conspiracy.

Reply #363239 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

The scheduling of State Champs from last year dis-proved the "Feagles Conspiracy". The club with the most home games was South I believe.

Reply #363247 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

But the competition format was changed to give the #1 ranked team on the Saturday morning. In previous years this would have been Sturt. This year it was Foretville. More than 1 way to skin a cat.

Reply #363254 | Report this post

____  
Years ago

still think it is unfair that any team has more home games together
imagine if you were lions or mavs looking at sturt and norwood

Reply #363255 | Report this post

Outsider  
Years ago

How can you say that it is unfair to the mavs or lions? It is simply because teams such as Sturt, Forestville and Norwood have all the Div 1 teams, therefor it makes sense that they play all home games together?

Reply #363256 | Report this post

____  
Years ago

then why dont all the teams (forestville, west, southern, rockets) that field all their div 1 teams have all their homes games together

Reply #363258 | Report this post

Outsider  
Years ago

Without knowing much of the details, i would simply assume that is how the draw has played out.

I can't comment on why one club got more then the other's, i am simply stating that it is like this because other clubs are unable to field Div 1 team's.

Until this problem is sorted, their will always be someone complaining about the draw.

Reply #363259 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Just wondering which Mavs Team doesn't have a div 1 apart from U/10s which I believe is played on a Saturday morning anyway????

Reply #363264 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

18 Boys.

Reply #363265 | Report this post

Years ago

narrow vision - only worried about keeping a club together for div 1s,

what about the other 2 or 3 divisions which make up a majority of the clubs.

why not have them all play together.

Reply #363270 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I concur.

Reply #363273 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

About time people started to realise the BSA compeitions manager doesnt actually favour Favourite

Reply #363321 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

About time people started to realise the BSA compeitions manager doesnt actually favour Forestville.

Reply #363322 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Having all the same grade but different divs has a bit of merit. That way the Div 1 coaches, CD's and JDO's can look at all grades and compare.

Reply #363332 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Jack it goes beyond home game advantage and conspiracy or not you wont find a Forestville game Friday at ten at tigerland followed by a Saturday 8am at Port Adelaide like the 'schedulers' have provided for others. Forestville and Sturt have always had a distinct advantage at state champs etc (unneeded because they had the top teams).

Reply #363335 | Report this post

Years ago

i like jacks thought process - but maybe not all season - maybe around every 7-8 rounds at a large stadium ???

coaching kids for many years - the idea of peer activities probably appeases big time - to round it all up on a game night would work.

all of the needs mentioned above are based around individual needs - at the end of the day - it will be what the majority of the competition / clubs want.

maybe have an age grade championships - where one weekend all of one age grade play a tourney and then a club gets an award - for that age group - i.e u14 div 1,2,3,4 etc all play a tourney over one weekend - another weekend u18s etc

Reply #363336 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I doubt you will find Sturt having much support from BSA.

When Hillcrest court 2 was out and BSA were using Marion Leisure Centre, most games from Hillcrest were moved to court 3 at Pasadena even though Wayville was closer. And sturt games were getting moved to Marion LC

Over that season 2 sturt teams played 1 home game each out of 13 possible. And forestville had 88% of home games on court 3 at Wayville while Sturt had 36%. That is a huge discrepency.

Reply #363348 | Report this post

Really  
Years ago

Go pro/rel all the way through with 8 team competitions and have home nights where div 1,2 and 3 teams all play at the same venue.

Not that hard if you get the program out week 1.

Only issues would be clubs who have more teams than can play home in any 2 week periods, but they play away gaes now anyway.

Reply #363353 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:29 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754