Phil
Years ago

Tigers domain change?

I am certain the Melbourne Tigers had the domain www.melbournetigers.com.au, but this no longer appears to be the case. Anyone know when they gave it up and why?

Topic #28353 | Report this topic

natwhereyouat  
Years ago

Who owns it now?

Reply #363315 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

They've used Tigers.com.au for as long as I can remember.

Reply #363338 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Definitely agree with Isaac

Reply #363340 | Report this post

Tiger Watcher  
Years ago

expect a large shuffling of names/brands etc very shortly at tiger land & the rumour re a second franchise going into VA isn't far wrong!

For those who work in business it is called a bottom of the harbour scheme! (load you debt/liabilities (bad contracts) into a business then liquidate and sink all of the debtors to the bottom of the harbour!

It then costs the liabilities more $$ to chase it all down and work thru it than it is worth to them so they don't pursue it!

Reply #363341 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

The damage taken via the media though?

Reply #363343 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The new owners are making Seamus look like a saint.

Reply #363345 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think this is all very unfair on the new owners.

They have made an official statement saying its between them and Trevor and a decision will be made within a week.

The rest has been trial by rumour, lets wait and see the official outcome

Reply #363351 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I don't think it's that unfair as there have been some awkward moments known to the public and none of them really favour the club. Late March they told Gleeson they'd be moving forward without him. They took on Anstey which, even if you don't believe every rumour that says he's the replacement, is going to suggest things. Parties have negotiated. Thursday, they denied he'd been stood down. Friday, they issued a release acknowledging that he had been stood down.

You stand down a coach and expect it not to blow up to some degree?

Reply #363364 | Report this post

Maxine Fowle  
Years ago

I can't comment on the domain, but i will on their new logo.

Is it a joke?

Did Chris Anstey's kid do that for a primary school assignment?

The fonts, the tiger graphic, the clipart ball, the orange shade.

There elegant/clean/basic (Brooklyn Nets) then there's absolute rubbish.

In the last couple of years we've seen shiny new logos from NBL & BA, Kings kept it nice and original upon their return, Hawks modernised theirs.

Way to take a backwards step.

Reply #363404 | Report this post

Years ago

The site appears to have post the new (and I really hope it isn't!) and old logos up at the moment. Agree with Maxine - the new clipart logo is atrocious.

Reply #363434 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:21 pm, Thu 28 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754