Anonymous
Years ago

Ballinger officially a Tiger

The Melbourne Tigers are pleased to confirm their first official signing of the 2012/13 iiNet NBL Championship Season is Adam Ballinger.

Ballinger, a 205cm power forward born in Indiana (USA), became an Australia citizen in 2009 and last season captained the Adelaide 36ers. He won the 36ers Club Most Valuable Player award in four consecutive seasons from 2007-2011, however his run for a fifth MVP award was halted when his 2011/12 season ended abruptly after rupturing a tendon in his left ankle in Round 11.

"It is great to be coming back to Melbourne. My wife and her family are from there and it was where I got my first job! The club, with their new management, has exciting times ahead and I am really looking forward to joining my teammates and playing for the Tigers", Ballinger said.

http://www.nbl.com.au/tigers/news/article/2012/may/tigers-confirm-ballinger-signing/

Topic #28357 | Report this topic

Ballinger Fan  
Years ago

Adam is a big whose skill set is more about face up triple threat rather than back to the basket post stuff.

Always seemed more comfortable in Phil Symth's system, and seemingly more suited to the traditional Tigers Drake shuffle offence, but who would really go to the Tigers these days? Can only think it must be a good offer.

name change now required for me, i might just have to be Ballin Fan.

Reply #363384 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

if that's the new tigers logo, it looks like a 5 year old drew it.

Reply #363405 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Did someone say Space Ghost

Reply #363414 | Report this post

joshuapending  
Years ago

Coast to Coast. Yep that logo is VERY bad

Reply #363429 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

That Melbourne Tigers logo is horrible. Really bad. The club goes from very bad to worse!

Maybe given Gleeson's contract fiasco they saved some dollar by getting the kids at North Melbourne PS to design their logo?

Reply #363432 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

Keep the current one, the new one is an absolute shocker

Reply #363433 | Report this post

Panther32  
Years ago

Oh WOW, that is bad!!!

Reply #363467 | Report this post

Vart  
Years ago

Ha ha. Very bad to worse is right. Good call LC.

Just a horrible, horrible logo.

Reply #363474 | Report this post

Chuck Norris  
Years ago

Nice that gives us more cash
Let's go SIXERS

Reply #363559 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I guess they might spend some money on a new never played NBL guard. Of course if they have to pay $300K to Gleeson as they should then how gives a rats about a logo.

Reply #363571 | Report this post

Fan  
Years ago

Congratulations Adam, you're a true legend and will be sadly missed...come back and kick some ass!!!

Reply #363595 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Using that term legend very loosely in referring to ballinger. Good luck to him though was a decent player for the 6ers during a period where we were a disgrace.

Reply #363616 | Report this post

muzz buzz  
Years ago

yep, for mine the bradbury of 36er mvp's of late
good player on a sub par team

happy to be proven wrong when he eventually plays as a tiger. somehow dont think i will be.

Reply #363626 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ballinger's a legend of the club, he won four consecutive team MVP awards here and was annually a league MVP candidate.

Sure the club didn't have much success but he was a part of our last playoff team and his time in Adelaide unfortunately coincided with the SOS years (bottom, 2nd to bottom, bottom).

Reply #363649 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

muzz you act as if you know ,that sad fact is YOU make comments you know nothing about just for a FACT balls won an MVP with the hawks the year the made the finals ,that year he was 3rd league MVP and every year since he won club mvp at the 6ers thats years when top players were at the club and every year he was among the top 5 MVP for the league so don't try and sound as if you know because you are just like all those other wanna be Ballinger was is and will always be a champion ask his fans .not nobodies like you .Muzz how many games have you played in the nbl and how many MVP have you won

Reply #363653 | Report this post

Muzz Buzz  
Years ago

OK anon /binks

FACT Ballinger would not have been MVP if Hodge had been in the team all year first time around. FACT Ballinger would not have been MVP if Gilchrist didn't get injured or if Maher had stayed healthy. FACT Ballinger didn't win the MVP last season. FACT Ballinger made 1 playoff in 5 years as a 36er and only twice in 4 seasons as a Hawk. FACT if Hodge didn't come into that team they wouldn't have made the playoffs that one time either. FACT All Star 5 first teams is zero.

Ballinger on an individual level has been a solid performer in the NBL. good players do find ways to win games.

Reply #363655 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

You're a complete idiot Muzz Buzz. Yeah solid player? Four time club MVP and perennial league MVP candidate.

And no, Gilchrist got injured really late in the season (played 25 games) but Balls still would've won team MVP that season regardless. Ballinger was runner-up to Homocide for league MVP that year!

Reply #363658 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Was that the year that Hodge got paid from misappropriated Uni funds?

Reply #363706 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

The uni-funds-Hodge year was his second time in Adelaide, under Ninnis.

Reply #363708 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

(Mod: Blocked for bad language.)

Reply #363722 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Ballinger has been an excellent scorer and a very consistent player, but certainly overall has never been amongst the elite players in the comp, despite what the NBL's flawed MVP voting system might suggest. He's the sort of guy who can be really effective in a good system but not good enough to be the main man on a successful team.

If fit he's a very handy pick-up for Melbourne provided they have a system that gets him the ball in the right spots.

Reply #363737 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

The entire Hodge-Fuss thing is a stain on the Sixers bedsheet that the media love to air in the breeze of discontent.

Reply #363740 | Report this post

A.W  
Years ago

What has happened with the other 3 rumoured signings?

College returnee and 2 re-signings?

Gleeson saga got something to with the delay?

Reply #363981 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:47 pm, Wed 24 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754