SKYHOOK
Years ago

Big Doug earning his keep !

Just looking at the box scores for the Eagles v Tigers match ..

Well done to Dixy for another great game against the tigers .. but can someone please explain how Doug Mac-Taylor got 5 fouls in 9 mins of play ?
I know some of you were calling him the meat axe but bloody hell thats a good 'hard' man effort .. !!

Topic #2839 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Cam Wood was better, two HARD fouls, borderline thugish in minimal mins

Reply #32235 | Report this post

Degenerate  
Years ago

Yeah he kept on getting weak fould in the defence, which were really soft

Reply #32239 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Doug often could caught slow on the rotation, and making up groud - not having defensive position. he hustled hard, but was unlucky with his fouls overall.

Reply #32254 | Report this post

Dougie  
Years ago

Yeah I thought I was a little hard done by on saturday night. I thought 2 of the 5 fouls were there but the other 3 were pretty harsh, especially my 5th foul. The little young guard shot the ball straight into my hand....thought i had my first block of the season...wasn't to be tho.

5 pretty soft fouls in the end. Sounds like we both were at the wrong end of the umpires whistle last week Panther. I wonder who will get the raw end of the deal this week mate, looking forward to it!

(Mod: This sort of post warms my heart and makes it worthwhile providing the forum service. Players coming together for a casual chat and then wondering who's going to be most cheated by the referees next game. Awwww... ;))

Reply #32324 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Sounds like we both were at the wrong end of the umpires whistle last week Panther."

Last week? Look at panther's stat's, for him it's everyweek. But that's how he plays, good hard ball. I like watching players that go hard, most of the time they play although you know they've fouled a few times you're quite shocked when you look up and see the scorers holding out '5'.

But 5 fouls in 9 mins is a good effort, I think even Panther himself the "0th in foul count" leader :P would have trouble getting that.

Reply #32326 | Report this post

Panther  
Years ago

Yer you definitely out did my with that performance Dougie. I had 4 fouls in 8 minutes of play on the weekend but managed to see out 18 minutes of play! I'm sure we'll both cop a few on the weekend, probably against each other!!!
Looking forward to it big fella. Hope i'm going to see you out for a beer after mate...

Reply #32350 | Report this post

Panther  
Years ago

That's of course after we whip you...

Reply #32351 | Report this post

Dougie Fan  
Years ago

Dougie was very unlucky with his calls on saturday night. His first foul was a nice block on Ben hodges on the quarter time siren which was called a foul.

His third was a ridiculous call after Bowley tried to drive middle form the wing, Dougie easily cut him off to force him baseline, Bowley hit him right in the middle of his chest, and yet Dougie got called for a block. His fourth on Gerlach was unlucky but probably there, and his fith was just ridiculous as well. That young Tiger guard drove the middle of the lane, a lane which Dougie had been occuping for the whole Tiger offence, and ran into dougie whilst shooting right into Dougs hand....very unlucky call and the crowd was not impressed!

Looking forward to the heavy weights going at it this week in the eagles and panthers match up. Dougie, Wood, vs Blight, Panther and Thur. I predict 23 fouls, 23 points and 46 boards between them.

Reply #32358 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:35 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754