Isaac
Years ago

Spurs vs Thunder, Game 1

The game is done, the Spurs coming back and then holding on to win 101-98. Harden fired late but Ginobili's 26 points led San Antonio to a 1-0 start. Durant had 27 and 10 for the Thunder.

Spurs extend their streak to 19 wins in a row.

Topic #28396 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Gotta defend your home court. Spurs did that this time, just.

Both this and the Eastern Conference Finals should good.

Reply #364146 | Report this post

Jake  
Years ago

The winner of this series will win the lot

Reply #364147 | Report this post

Mutley  
Years ago

I agree with Jake.

Reply #364149 | Report this post

Harry Balls  
Years ago

Sorry, got a little overzealous.

Spurs score 39 in the 4th qtr.
THIRTY NINE POINTS!
they only had 46 in the entire first half.

Reply #364151 | Report this post

phil  
Years ago

great. i really like the thunder and wanted them to win it all but now with patty joining brown at the spurs i have to go for them. either way i hope patty gets court time in finals atmosphere, can only be good for him. hope which ever team wins this takes it all. please dont let miami win it.

Reply #364152 | Report this post

benno  
Years ago

I also agree with jake

Reply #364167 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

+ for what Jake said!

Wow - when the Spurs turn their afterburners on - how good are they???

Reply #364169 | Report this post

No Deal!!  
Years ago

19 wins in a row and undefeated so far in the playoffs...they look indestructible at the minute.

Reply #364179 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

Manu Ginobli is ridiculous

Reply #364209 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Everyone writing off Lebron and wade without a second thought ??

Sounds ridiculous to me.. WOuld love a spurs or thunder ring. But this years championship is anyone's

Reply #364210 | Report this post

JOaRiDrAN  
Years ago

Not Bostons^^^

I hate San Antonio but that 4th qtr was one of the best displays of championship basketball I have ever seen. To score 39 in 12 mins after scoring 46 through 36 is ridiculous. I thought the Thunders D was amazing and deserved the road win but give the Spurs credit, Jackson on Durant was a huge move. Correct me if I'm wrong but sportscenter said Durant had 6 pts in the 4th with 0/2 fgs. Locked down!
That's going to be the series decided there, can the Spurs hold down Durant in crunch time?
Game 2 is a must win for the Thunder. No team in the world can beat the Spurs right now 4 out of 5 games.

Reply #364213 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Manu is a beast! If he keeps it up they will be unstoppable, if they aren't already.

Reply #364217 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

JOaRiDrAN, not having a go, just curious. What's to hate about San Antonio? Fantastic team work, play hard, no glaring weaknesses (except perhaps athleticism), intelligent basketball, extremely well coached. I have watched a lot of their games over the last month. They are playing some of the best team-oriented basketball I've ever seen in the NBA. Hence winning 21 of their last 23 games (or whatever the exact numbers are).

Reply #364219 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

That was pretty damn impressive. Ginobili just keeps bobbing up at big moments. I agree it is still wide open, little things can often swing the momentum of seven games series. Spurs v Heat would be great to watch, a real contrast of teams.

Reply #364221 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

You guys are just catching on now what I've been enjoying for the past 15 years ;)

Spurs boring? Not even close.

Reply #364222 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

Great game by two awesome teams. Watching this game compared with Miami v Bostom I couldn't help but think that these two are putting on the better series (Spurs v Thunder)!

Reply #364242 | Report this post

aussieboomers4eva  
Years ago

Bostom, LOL. Sorry, not having a dig, you just reminded me of a guy I heard interviewed on the radio earlier today. He said phenomenom...twice!

Reply #364269 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

phenomenon*

Spurs might be in trouble in Game 2, Spurs were off for 3 and a half quarters in Game 1, but the Thunder weren't themselves either.

Prediction - Westbrook 30pts in a Thunder win in G2.

Reply #364291 | Report this post

aussieboomers4eva  
Years ago

ah... yes KET, thanks for clarifying the reference...

Reply #364298 | Report this post

JOaRiDrAN  
Years ago

To anonymous

Man I'm old school, just never liked the spurs. While I can respect the franchise and what they have achieved in the last 12 years here's the reasons why I don't like them.
From Texas
Greg popovich ( great coach ) seems like a dick
Manu ( unorthadeaux ) I just want to smash him when he jab steps
Duncan ( so emotionless ) don't know if he won a title or has gastro,same facial expression. Obvious hall of famer but so so boring to watch
Bruce Bowen ( dirty )
Avery Johnson ( accent )
Hate their uniforms
Hate watching games in their arena ( except d fish .4 )
Tony Parker ( how did he ever get to strike eva longoria? )
David Robinson ( just seems like a 7 ft nerd )

All petty reasons but a leopard can't change his spots. Like footy fans I go for any team that plays the spurs. And it's not tall poppy either I've been watching nba ball since 91.

Reply #364301 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

Aaaaghhhhhh! Yes, Bostom! Nice pick up on the typo man... Still the Spurs v Thunder series looks to be the one to watch at the moment, for me anyway.

Previous post sounds a little like sour grapes, seriously, do you know how many $$$$ Parker makes?

These guys can get nearly any girl they want, not sure how that affects the way they play....?

GO SPURS

Reply #364303 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

Ever since breaking up with Eva Longoria, Parker has been playing brilliantly. Correlation Maybe?

Reply #364309 | Report this post

JOaRiDrAN  
Years ago

Mate Longoria has probably got more money than Parker. It was a joke boys, I hate the Spurs and was finding silly ways to wreck the players. Parker has got skills doesn't mean I have to like him. Give me Westbrook any day

Reply #364378 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:02 am, Sat 30 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754