Anonymous
Years ago

Any new news on further TV coverage?

Ok we know about the Friday and Sunday games being telecast for next NBL season but is any other channel going to jump on board? Fox? Fetch tv?

Anyone know anything they can share?

Topic #28397 | Report this topic

natwhereyouat  
Years ago

It won't be announced until well after the Boomer series.

Reply #364185 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Any hints? Fox maybe?

Reply #364186 | Report this post

natwhereyouat  
Years ago

Some GMs are pushing to own their teams rights so they can sell them locally, others are pushing for a league pass like set up. But I haven't heard anything official yet.

Reply #364190 | Report this post

Temerity  
Years ago

Who is going to pay for NBL league pass, id rather watch big V state based leagues than NBL.

Reply #364197 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Temerity, if you would rather watch Big V state league over the NBL your a cracker. Big V is atrocious for starters, add the fact we just watched one of the greatest playoff series in the history of the league and you can't compare "farm-ball" to the NBL

Reply #364208 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I hope Fox pick up some games - their coverage was a lot better than One.

Reply #364215 | Report this post

tag  
Years ago

It needs a slot on free to air on a commercial channel. With no exposure this is going to go nowhere.

If not consider a deal with ABC and WNBL to package something together.

Reply #364223 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

I think we need a balance between FTA, Pay TV and an online NBL league pass type offering.

Reply #364226 | Report this post

Wookiee  
Years ago

The League pass option is an interesting choice, as it would take a good effort on behalf of the NBL as really, what would be acceptable for everyone to pay for a service? Single camera at halfway like games now, with no replays or commentators?

I'd like at least the single camera, commentators ala NBL radio (don't need to be overly professional for first season) and maybe a fixed camera at each end for extra close up stuff in case of replays. The latter would probably require a proper mixing desk and a professional editor, but it would at least be something to aspire to.

From a website perspective, they should keep an archive of the games and possibly a download option?

Reply #364227 | Report this post

natwhereyouat  
Years ago

If I have the ability to find a cost effective way to store games online for download, i'm sure the NBL could.. You'd hope!

If it was a league pass like set up, i think 1 camera in the middle & maybe (because of costs) 1 other camera at one end. If you had the cash, 2 cameras at either end.
As far as commentators go, yeah NBL radio is good enough, or have a comp to get some savvy fans to commentate a few games. Obviously they would need to fit a number of criteria to get the job. None paying job mind you.

Reply #364228 | Report this post

alexkrad  
Years ago

If each club had their own deals for games not covered by ten sport they could either sell them to local stations/fox but also allow this feed to be streamed onto a internet subscription service. This is how NBA league pass works doesnt it?

For games with no coverage at all, all teams record the games for scouting/reviewing anyway, stream that to the internet subscription service and somehow have an agreement with the radio station who is covering the game and dub that over the stream?

Reply #364229 | Report this post

Big Sexy  
Years ago

alexrad,
I am having an educated guess it, but with the NBA the league and their national tv partner choose the games they want to show nationally, then every team will have a separte tv deal with a local broadcaster to show the games that won't be shown nationally, and these are the games that get shown on league pass. The lakers signed a tv dear worth $1 billion dollars over 20 years which should cover a major part of the salary cap if they didn't overspend every year.

Reply #364232 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:29 pm, Wed 24 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754