Isaac
Years ago

Heat vs Celtics, Game 1

Fourth quarter starting; Heat up a dozen. Celtics shooting poorly but Garnett is having yet another decent game statistically.

Are Boston any chance from here?

Topic #28398 | Report this topic

MACDUB  
Years ago

Looks like Game over.

Boy, the referees were tight with Technical fouls today.

It is getting stupid..I really wish the refs would let little stuff go.

Doc got T'd up for saying "Come on Eddie".
KG got T'd up for tipping the ball (when replays showed D-Wade also tipped it)
Ray got T'd up for a little reaction
Rondo got T'd up for something minor.

So much of the emotion is out of the game these days..I miss it

Reply #364230 | Report this post

hoopie  
Years ago

You have to wonder why they're so quick with the 'T'. I get used to refs giving the 'T' over here because they're trying to keep control of the game or they're feeling threatened, or cos they feel important, but surely that's not needed in the NBA?

Reply #364231 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

Saw most of 2nd half. Heat have so much confidence right now they are just not missing shots (thanks Indy). They are doing a great job of denying passing lanes and forcing TO's to feed their transition game. Celtics might make some adjustments but without Bradley to pressure wade and with pierce and Allen both hobbled by their injuries, I can't see them beating the heat in this series.

Reply #364233 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

Heat played well.

But I am still not convinced they can grind out victories.

They shot 53 % in the 1st half, and the scores were tied. I really think they put so much pressure on their offence.

Yeah they won by 14 points today, but the C's had an offensive shocker and if they find a way around that (which could def happen due to their experience), this series could go down to the wire.

C's got good shots, they were just unable to convert them.

Reply #364235 | Report this post

Tweet Tweet  
Years ago

I didn't see the game. For those who saw it, did the Celtics seems to tire as the game went on? They only played Game 7 against Phillie a couple of days ago.

Reply #364238 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

From what I observed Miami had the confidence, whether it is home court or not, not sure, but they got some better assistance from their bench than the Celtics and a better rub from the officials for sure...

Not all lost for the Celtics, but they will have to improve slightly in their confidence, then the rest will follow.

Although Lebron appears to have dominated again I thought he played a better team game, he just got some great looks today and took advantage of opportunities that some of the Celtics did not!

Reply #364240 | Report this post

Speed44  
Years ago

The Heat were good today. Not talking about Wade/James either, but the rest of the role players. If the C's can limit the damage from the likes of Miller, Battier, Chalmers etc, I think this series can go the distance.

Pierce stunk it up, and I don't know what the hell has happened to Allen (injury or not). But if they can get Pierce's usual game, and 10-12 from Allen, they'll be better for it. Bass will shoot better than this next game too.

Also Doc should play Pietrus more on Wade, he has long arms and height on Wade, and Paul George showed in the Indy series that that can bother Wade (except for the last 2 games of course).

I, as a long time Heat fan, am not convinced by this team (especially without Bosh), and I think it could take just a few adjustments from Doc to change this series up.

Reply #364258 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

Fatigue might be a factor for c's to some degree but it sounds like some of you think pierce and Allen just had bad games and will turn it around. Unfortunately from what I have read and seen of their play, that won't happen. Both have significant injuries. Allen should have had surgery on his ankles and pierce is playing on one knee. They are only playing IMO because they know this could be their last run as a group.

Reply #364277 | Report this post

philly  
Years ago

heat d too good

Reply #364283 | Report this post

Latrentis  
Years ago

Wonder if the refs will call the same type of T-fouls on the Heat when the series moves to Boston? Nba is somewhat rigged in that aspect.

Reply #364300 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:41 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754