Isaac
Years ago

Heat vs Celtics, Game 2

Tight finish coming up?

Celtics had fought back with a great start to the quarter, but the Heat have just snatched back the lead.

Topic #28418 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

OT,

HUGE offensive play by boston to move the ball and somehow get Ray open for the 3 - and he hits it!

then LeBron chokes!

Love it

BEAT THE HEAT

Reply #364456 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Wow what a finish!

Heat win G2...

Reply #364462 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

Great game by rondo (42-11-8)! Magic just called it one of the best playoff performances he's seen. Celtics just didn't quite have enough healthy bodies to put the game away. Pierce fouling out w about a 1:00 to go compounded the problem. Can't fault my team for effort, but Miami is playing too well.

Reply #364468 | Report this post

Speed44  
Years ago

Celtics a long way from out of this series. Didn't see today's game, but going by stats alone, hard to see how they lost.

Game 1 was a stinker, an aberration, today saw how well they can play against this 2-pronged Heat team. Sure, Chalmers looks like he had a big game, but that will be it from him for the next couple.

C fans should not be worried yet.

Reply #364489 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

It'd be great if you're right Speed but it's a long way back from 2-0, especially with the age, the injuries and the lack of depth of this celtics team. I watched the game today and always felt like the heat had a bit in reserve. The celts were red lining it. Rondo played all 53 mins, was hitting his jumper and his FTs like he never has b4. All of the big 4 played huge mins because their bench just isnt giving them anything. Celts need pietrus to find his range and for stiemsma to give kg more of a breather if they are to have a chance. My guess at this point is a repeat of last season with the heat winning in 5

Reply #364496 | Report this post

Speed44  
Years ago

You may be right, but the Heat are one Wade 5/24 performance away from a slump. I still think the C's can win the next 2. All the pressure will be on the Heat then.

I'm a long time Heat fan too, just don't like the makeup of this current team. Hope they prove me wrong.

Reply #364507 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

Yeah, the team balance of Miami is pretty bad. Its probably going to cost them the title again this year.

They are lucky in one sense in that neither of the two West finalists have frontcourts that are particularly dominant offensively, so their lack of quality size won't hurt them as badly as it might have against say the Lakers or Griz.

The Heat might have a shot if they can replicate the defensive pressure they showed against Indy in the Finals, but I think they'll find it a lot harder there. Indy is a TERRIBLE passing team with useless PGs, whereas the Spurs are brilliant and the Thunder at least have Harden's playmaking ability.

Reply #364512 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:09 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754