AussieHoopla
Years ago

Who doesn't like a little Asian Persuasion?

Hey guys... we'll weren't you all a goldmine this week for Hyping the Hoopla. This week we spoke about a number of topics you guys are on about on our podcast.

Topics include

1. 2012 NBL Off Season Player Movements (Ballinger, Loughton, Hill, Bartlett, etc)
2. Seriously Melbourne Tigers... What's going on?
3. Why Smitty hates the NBL points system
4. Where did the NBL big man go?
5. Should Coaches "coach" and teams worry about recruiting?
6. Do Father/Coach Son/Player relationships work
7. Trash Talk - Whose talking trash on Aussie Basketball Online Forums
8. Who are the top 20 most powerful people in Australian Basketball

and lots, lots more, it’s ridiculous how much more actually, these guys need a life!

Hyping the Hoopla, subscribe to our podcast on iTunes
http://itunes.apple.com/au/podcast/aussie-hoopla-podcast/id486025859?ign-mpt=uo%3D4#

or head to the website

http://www.aussiehoopla.com/hyping-hoopla-ep-2-asian-persuasion/

Check it out!

Topic #28433 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Re #5: are you serious? How can a coach possibly coach a team he had no involvement in recruiting? What a ridiculous topic. Whoever dreamed up that either works for the Tigers or knows nothing about coaching!

Reply #364638 | Report this post

You mean like when Brian Goorjian won the NBL title in 2003 with a team entirely put together by Brett Brown?

Reply #364639 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Brett may have put it together but clearly Brian liked the team or he would've changed it.

Reply #364641 | Report this post

lol  
Years ago

Who owns aussiehoopla?

Reply #364642 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Re #5: are you serious? How can a coach possibly coach a team he had no involvement in recruiting? What a ridiculous topic. Whoever dreamed up that either works for the Tigers or knows nothing about coaching"

What like in the NBA where coaches have little or no input into who is signed/drafted/Traded ???
Perhaps do a little more homework on the world of basketball (not just australian basketball) before you write such CRAP

Reply #364658 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I know the world of bb all very well. Trust me. The NBA coaches are heavily involved in selecting their teams. One of my dearest friends is an NBA assistant. They just have staff take care of all the research that goes into selecting a team. If you think any coach doesn't have a say in his team selection you are the uneducated one.

Reply #364664 | Report this post

billo  
Years ago

Anonymous, the fact that in this thread alone there are several differing opinions on the topic surely confirms that it's a valid inclusion on the podcast discussion?

Reply #364666 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Im a professional coach that is currently coaching a team that I had no say into personnel at all.I may have a little input into the import the team selects but thats where it ends. In fact that has been the case for the last three teams I have coached.

Reply #364668 | Report this post

Matt smith  
Years ago

I am glad this is generating some opinions, I guess I should address a couple of items; first if please listen the pod cast; secondly I have no connection with the Tigers, the point that I was trying to make is that a coach should not have total control because it can lead to some interesting scenarios. Thirdly anonymous I am sure you know plenty about hoops but I would believe I do as well, an it's just my opinion.

I did this on my iPhone please ignore various grammatical errors

Reply #364683 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

so, what's "asian persuasion" got to do with anything?

Reply #364732 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Bit less spammy on Hoops please guys and it might be polite to link to here from your site if you're going to plug your stuff here.

Can you try a shorter alias (rather than your URL) too.

Reply #364733 | Report this post

AussieHoopla.com  
Years ago

Guys, we drop your name all over your the podcast, you think we're not being polite?

Reply #364995 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Sorry, I don't listen to podcasts or know your audience size. Most sites have a blogroll or list of links, that's all.

Reply #365006 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:01 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754