Anon
Years ago

Under 14 boys

Can any one explain Eastern's rise up the ladder?

Have they added to their group since State Champs?

Topic #28446 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

It's all because of your son.

Reply #364906 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

no exact same team that competed at the state champs! just underporformed there it would suggest

Reply #364916 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

My son?

I actually coach at another club and was impressed by their recent performances.

Good on them.

Reply #364920 | Report this post

deimos  
Years ago

Haha. Of course you coach at another club.

Reply #364924 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Are you for real mate.

They are 2 and 1 since State Champs, and other than a good win against an undermanned Woodville, they won and lost as would be expected.

Reply #364931 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

They are sitting top 4. Not bad considering they didn't win a game at Champs

I thought they were 3 and 1 since champs with a win against Southern who last time I checked made Nationals and Classics.

The one loss was against Sturt. Where are they on the ladder???

So they are doing well and I am from another club.

Reply #364933 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Of course you are buddy.

We always see people coming on hear to sing the praises of other clubs.

Ps that was sarcasm!

Reply #364942 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

PS you're pathetic

My interest is due to the fact that I coach Centrals under 14 boys.

What is wrong with another coach praising another club?

Maybe things would be better if people came on here and said positive things about others rather than the pathetic crap that half post - anonymously at that too!

Reply #364948 | Report this post

Wayne  
Years ago

Here here

Reply #364954 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yeah, thats why you are on here as an Anon and not using a real name.

We all believe you.

Reply #364959 | Report this post

';'  
Years ago

I do believe him and people wonder why they don't come on here to start discussions.

Reply #364961 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Pretty much just said who I was - coach of the under 14 boys at Centrals. So clearly I am not hiding my identity.

Who are you? Offering nothing constructive to this conversation. Where is your interest in the under 14 boys competition?

I asked a question about another team in the comp as I have genuine interest so thanks to whoever posted the responses that actually were an answer. Appreciate it.

People should be happy that the competition in this age group is open. It is great that teams like Centrals (I will use them as I coach them) are very competitive and challenging the clubs that have been deemed "elite" in the past.

This is good for junior basketball.

Reply #364963 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Really, then why put the name 'Anon' to your posts?

Reply #364966 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Really, then why put the name 'Anon' to your posts?

Reply #364967 | Report this post

Statsman  
Years ago

This season, the U14 Div 1 Boys has been very close.

Wins and losses are one thing, but the way to equalise and ensure a balanced benchmarking of teams is to look at the scores. With an average score of 48.5 in the division and a standard deviation around that score of 8.08, then a deviation from the average score may be obtained and then this converted to a standard deviation value. Summing the two values together provides a net deviation score indicating the true competitiveness of a team.

Based on this, the teams have the following standard deviation scores for the season so far:

Centrals (+2.44), Sturt (+1.44), Eastern (+1.14), Norwood (+1.04), Woodville (-0.03), Southern (-0.25), South (-0.40), North (-0.68), West (-1.24), Forestville (-3.47)

For the summer season just gone, the average score was 48.3 and the standard deviation scores for the season were:

Norwood (+3.1), Southern (+1.4), Sturt (+1.3), Woodville (+1.1), Eastern (+0.8), South (-0.6), North (-1.1), Centrals (-1.8), West (-2.0), Forestville (-2.2)

The changes in the team's performance is as follows:
Centrals (+4.2), West (+0.8), North (+0.4), Eastern (+0.3), South (+0.2), Sturt (+0.1), Woodville (-1.1), Southern (-1.7), Norwood (-2.1), Forestville (-1.3)

Centrals have made an incredible improvement for which they should be congratulated.

Reply #364979 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

e=mc2

Reply #364983 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Um if I was hiding my identity, would I say that I actually coach Centrals under 14 boys????

As for yourself anonymous, you still haven't stated your interest in the under 14 comp.

Anyway, who cares if I posted as anon. I posted something positive about a club other than my own. Maybe you should look at that rather than being negative.

I haven't been on this site rattling on about the boys I coach and their great improvement. No need to do that, but if I want to say well done to a bunch of boys that are getting results for effort then I will.

I am currently attending (and learning) training sessions at SASI on Saturdays with other coaches and players from different teams from this age group. These boys mix have fun and talk with any player as does the coaches. It's not about Centrals or Sturt or Norwood etc., its about the group. Maybe people should post on here supporting this group as SA and wish them all well for the season, Classics and Nationals.

Reply #364987 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

OK so now you are just a plan anonomous!

Reply #365056 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

SASSI coach big deal!!

Reply #365063 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Centrals coach well done, keep the good work up! I'm a parent from north and we hope we improve as much. Can we borrow your 6 ft plus guy! Hehe.dont. Listen to that other idiot. Keep it positive and good luck

Reply #365098 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Mavs lost their point guard early in the first game of state champs and struggled to adjust for the rest of the weekend. Other than the Centrals game they have been competitive but patchy in their 2 losses to Norwood (7 pts) and Sturt (8 pts) They have now found a consistany as they learn to play together which has led to wins over Southern (23 pts) and Woodville (29 pts)in the last 3 weeks. Sometimes groups just take time to gel.

Reply #365120 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

To the Guy that has the problem with the U/14s Coach your first post was 906... cant see your name going up either... so best not to throw stones when you live in a glass house don't you think... I'm guessing someone from the Mavs team must have made your kid look small and useless for you to be so upset and derogatory for one persons positive comment. I to could come to that conclusion from your reaction... yes I am anonymous myself, because I don't ever want a face to face conversation with someone so negative and small minded to positive reviews of any clubs. Bet your a barrel of laughs with your family at Christmas time, probably family arguments over who's present was better, some people just cant be happy with themselves or anyone else that has something good to say....??

Reply #365121 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:40 am, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754