Isaac
Years ago

Melbourne player signings this week

Announcements coming later this week, says And The Foul.

Who's got info?

Kickert and Tomlinson?

Topic #28452 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

think youre right

Reply #365071 | Report this post

Bruiser  
Years ago

Can't wait to see 7 footers shooting threes and avoiding the paint like its hot lava!

Reply #365093 | Report this post

Anstey Boys Club  
Years ago

Nate Tomlinson
Sedale Threatt Jr
Possibly Jason Reardon

Reply #365111 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Tomlinson has been done for ages.
Threatt, let's hope he's not like his old man. Old Man Sacked as a coach of the Spectres.Have a look at the topics here, about Sedale senior on the father. Let's hope the apple falls a long way from the tree.

Reply #365113 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Can't wait to see 7 footers shooting threes and avoiding the paint like its hot lava!

I assume that is the very reason Anstey would be interested in a guy like Kickert.

Reply #365119 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

Anstey all stars:

Ben Allen
Daniel Kickert
David Anderson
Daniel Johnson

Reply #365122 | Report this post

HO  
Years ago

David Andersen Mick?? You were doing well until you pulled that out.

Reply #365124 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

And Johnson - the guy barely started shooting threes until recently. He's one of the more aggressive bigs at taking it inside, and gets his share of the boards.

Reply #365125 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Maybe they will be announcing the signing of 3(possibly 4) players from a another NBL team that will instantly change the Tigers from a bottom half of the ladder team to definate finals contenders?

Reply #365127 | Report this post

XY  
Years ago

Isaac, Axel Dench could come out of retirement?

Reply #365128 | Report this post

J-MAC  
Years ago

Axel still playing Big V and shooting the 3

Reply #365129 | Report this post

HO  
Years ago

Yep, there you go Mick, you can Axel in your list instead of Andersen and Johnson.

Reply #365131 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

As I recall , one time ago here , Dench - subbed in,
and in a matter of seconds attempted a three .
Airball . Subbed out , by Phil .

Reply #365132 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

I'd oust Johnson but not Anderson. While he doesn't have great three point range he's as soft as they come and his only move is fading away from contact.

Reply #365136 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

All Andersen does is shoot jumpers or fadeaways from the post. At least Anstey drove occasionally!

Reply #365139 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"At least Anstey drove occasionally!"

And sometimes he caught public transport.......

Closest Anstey got to the paint was when he was at Bunnings.

Reply #365144 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Reardon is like 32 - no way would Tigers get him

Reply #365242 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Threatt jnr?? Watched him get beaten a few times this year in big v level...plus lacks a jumper!

Reardon ain't that old but surely if they go local guys like Macdonald etc would get a go

Reply #365252 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I remember watching this Sedale Jr (he's got two kids called Sedale Jr) in the High Stakes Hoops and he wasn't anywhere near NBL standard.

Reply #365253 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

His son is about as good as his father's coaching record for the Spectres.

Reply #365259 | Report this post

MW  
Years ago

he played his best years for Sandringham Sabers. by HSH he's been pretty out of shape up to this point. not to mention he has helped his team win the last two BigV championship. Hence I believe SEABL is a better comp than BigV...

I've heard Goorjian speak highly for this player it was just unfortunate he's never able to showcase himself at the next level. I do think he's past his time for the pro level (although he's only 28ish)...

Reply #365263 | Report this post

Leon  
Years ago

SEABL continues to live off its past glories as a league... Not what it was by a mile.

Reply #365272 | Report this post

MW  
Years ago

past glory or not I still believe it stands as a stronger comp than BigV as of today

Reply #365311 | Report this post

Tiger Watcher  
Years ago

SEABL is a better comp overall with alot better depth.

Big V really only has 2/3 teams (Eltham, Ringwood, Waverley) that could compete solidly/consistently at SEABL level.

That said in those few top team alot of talent is running around but hard to gauge it when every second weekend they front up against, Melb/Suns/Bulleen.

Reply #365314 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The SEABL competion is the strongest it has been in years. The former easy beats of the SEABL the Albury Bandits won only 3 games last season and are second on the ladder with 7 wins already.
Good quality australians with many NBL players and great exciting imports. No game this season is a gimmie what so ever. You only have to look at least weekends results to see the upsets that occurred.
Big V is not anwhere near the same level as SEABL.
A cheaper option for starters and far less depth of talent across all teams.

Reply #365333 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Who are the NBL players, not counting DPs and training players like Wilcher and Lang.

Reply #365346 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:13 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754