AussieHoopla.com
Years ago

Corey Homicide Williams an Adelaide 36er?

We spoke to Homicide last night and he told us about how he wants to return to the NBL and when we asked him about which teams he would play for he said "I wouldn't mind going down and shaking up Adelaide"

Its on the website and iTunes

Also check out the trailer of the documentary he is in DOIN' IT IN THE PARK: PICK-UP BASKETBALL, NYC

That thing looks awesome

Topic #28467 | Report this topic

Isaac  
Years ago

I imagine the reality is that he'd play anywhere that would have him in the NBL right now.

Reply #365389 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I don't know I doubt he'd be interested in Wollongong money but the 36ers could certainly do worse than Homicide.

Reply #365396 | Report this post

phil  
Years ago

has enough talent to be playing for any nbl team, which only highlights why he probably shouldnt be playing for any nbl team. if you get what i mean... theres a reason he isnt on a team list right now.

Reply #365397 | Report this post

The Situation  
Years ago

I've always said he is good for the league, but bad for his team.

Reply #365401 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

With Johnson and Schenscher inside not sure a PG who cant shoot is the best option!!

Reply #365407 | Report this post

Very Very Old  
Years ago

I'm certain that Corey is a player who would truly blossom under the nutrient-laden player-development coaching environment of the 36ers.

Just like some of the other recent projects who were ussered out the door after gaining the benefits of THE MARTY C SYSTEM (tm). Even if he only spent one or two seasons here - just think about how, when he left, he would be then able to contribute so much more to his next team.

Reply #365409 | Report this post

Very Very Old  
Years ago

ushered (edit)

Reply #365410 | Report this post

orbit  
Years ago

Clarke wont have Corey!!

Reply #365421 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

clarke is a poof! homicide kills teams.. un-guardable

Reply #365424 | Report this post

hoopie  
Years ago

The Situation, love your quote and agree with it entirely !

Reply #365437 | Report this post

The Situation  
Years ago

Tweet it to him :-)

Reply #365449 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Remember that this time last year Clarke said they'd look at him , ' plus he's looken to naturalise. '
There's a lotta water under the bridge and lotta other stuff happening too . But it doesn't necessarily follow that Clarke wouldn't have him.
Seems they weren't big fans of Simpson and lotta others.
I imagine it's mostly dribble drive with him here.

Reply #365450 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

Interestingly, There is only one coach that hasn't re-signed him, just happens to be at two different clubs.

Is he as bad for teams as some are making out? or did he just have a personality clash with Gleeson?

Reply #365451 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Mark my words:

Sixers would make the grand final with homicide not to mention 7000+ at the game every week. A tough point guard who can play menacing d on opposing guards. I'd have him in a heartbeat. He is the excitement machine with plenty of swagger.

Make it happen, if he gets naturalised we have Schencher, DJ, weigh, creek homicide and 2 imports.

Bang bang

Reply #365472 | Report this post

ShaneD  
Years ago

I'd be more than happy with Williams. I mean.. look at our efforts with imports for the last 3 years or so... FUBAR. The only way is up.

Reply #365483 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yea id sign him aswell, would be the best import guard we have had under Clarke, aslong as guys like Ng, Weigh, Johnson, Cadee can hit outside/mid range shots it would work well and Coreys penetration causing the d to collapse would leave them pretty open aswell.

Plus he is another whose teams win above 50% i dont think he missed the playoffs with the crocs and they probably would have made it with the Tigers had he been there all season and they signed a 2nd import to replace Devendorf (or kept Devendorf).

Having Him and Schenscher 2 guys whose teams basically alway win more than 50% of games would be a great advantage aswell.

Hey a 50% winning record would be a massive upgrade on the last few seasons and keep most fans happy, anything more would be a bonus!

Reply #365486 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

He is a good player, but the Sixers would need to sign two very good shooters with the other two spots or the team would be unbalanced. He wouldnt be my choice for Adelaide, but it's hard to argue he would be a bad choice given he was always a top 10 player in the league when he was here.

Not sure about the "menacing D" bit though, Williams isnt big on that side of things.

As anon above said, a 50% record would be a good step for the Sixers and with a good import guard they are a chance to achieve that.

Reply #365490 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:07 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754