natwhereyouat
Years ago

Tigers sign Nate Tomlinson & re-sign Burston

Neither a real surprise.. Nate wasn't great in college, but do you think his game can translate to the league?

Wonder how much he was paid, seeing as though he was asking for an extremely high rookie salary from other teams..

Topic #28476 | Report this topic

alexkrad  
Years ago

Please elaborate on "extremely high rookie salary" ie. tell us.

He mentions being from Melbourne and playing infront of family and friends, so maybe he figured he would only play somewhere else if it was significantly more lucrative?

Reply #365508 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Nate was a starter on a decent team in a decent college conference. He is not a flashy player and is defensively oriented with an ability to hot the open shot when presented.

To say he wass not great in college undervalues his contribution and abilities.

Reply #365510 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Played agaisnt Tomlinson, thought he was from NSW? Was a very skilled PG, had a good mixture of creating for others, getting everyone involved and scoring himself.

His college career looks underwhelming, but from what I have heard and seen he shoould develop into a steady NBL player.

Reply #365511 | Report this post

rohant16  
Years ago

Yeah LC put it well. I think he should be a solid pro. I think you'll find more than a few NBL Aussie pgs didn't exactly light it up in college.

Reply #365515 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think if u did your research you would find he was great defensively and was as solid as a rock at the point. He worked hard every year to maintain his starting position. I think even on his sophomore year after starting nearly entire the second half of his freshman season he came off the bench for almost 15 games.

He is a hard worker.. Solid. Runs the team well and to top it off isn't a black hole shoot first PG that we see every day

Pass first pg who can hit the open J.. Which is very good for any team chemistry

Reply #365523 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Of course underwehlming. He just is another hack player who just played in the NCAA finals. Clearly little homework there.
A great offer from the Tigers from Anstey and DMac. Too good to refuse.

Reply #365535 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I don't know this Nate kid but I do know balls and burston. Sounds like tigers are screwed! Recruiting doesn't appear to be ansteys strong suit.

Reply #365543 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Melbourne 36ers?

Reply #365561 | Report this post

FM  
Years ago

How many games is Burston going to be fit for? Maybe 10?

Reply #365565 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:59 pm, Thu 28 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754