Isaac
Years ago

Hawks keep Demos for three years

Wollongong NRE Hawks have announced the re-signing of guard Tyson Demos to a three year contract. After two seasons with the club Tyson has shown his strength and ability in the guard position and the potential to grow and be a big part of his home town club for years to come.
Worth re-signing, but as with Leon Henry surprised that he got the contract length that he did.

Topic #28502 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Don't see him gettin any better at the game, but if he can offer a consistant effort like he has past 2 season not a bad signing.

Reply #365953 | Report this post

natwhereyouat  
Years ago

I think it's a good sign for the club when you see players sign on for 3 years.

Personally i'd rate him as a great 3rd option PG/SG. Can hit the 3, tough defender but perhaps most importantly is a great locker room guy!

Reply #365954 | Report this post

Tiger Watcher  
Years ago

Good move by Hawks, appears they are keeping him around long term to help engage community as a few of the older heads retire so from that presecptive its a smart move.

Also probably got him at a reasonable $$ so all parties should be happy.

Reply #365955 | Report this post

natwhereyouat  
Years ago

Also looks like it closes the door on a possible Tait return. Unless Gordie is going to try to have Martin start at PG & get a import SG.

Reply #365956 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

He's been talking about going for a combo import.

Reply #365957 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

nat, I think it's a good sign if players with options sign on, but I'm not sure if Demos would've been heavily courted by other teams? Still, I think he works hard on court and is a good energy guy off the bench.

Reply #365963 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

His output last season was as good as goulding etc
So good pickup

What concerns me about the hawks is the lack of a solid rebounder and post player
Id love to see them pick up a guy like nick horvath or will hudson
Unfortunatly what gruber has not delivered in recent seasons

Reply #365965 | Report this post

Mutley  
Years ago

A couple of years ago I would have been in stitches laughing at this signing, but Demos has been a good fit and played well for the Hawks. Good signing for Wollongong.

Reply #365966 | Report this post

Bowtie  
Years ago

Am sure it's very financially mutual for both parties.
Tyson just got involved in a restaurant in Wollongong so is eager to stay there and be involved for his business..... looking at life after basketball.

Reply #366011 | Report this post

Jake  
Years ago

3 years is too long for a role player. Max 2 year IMO.

Reply #366025 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:52 pm, Wed 24 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754