AK-47
Years ago

Kevin Durant is the best superstar in the NBA

Kevin Durant is the best superstar in the NBA. Now before you rip my head off, I'm not saying he is the best player, I'm saying he is the best superstar.

Durant is everything I would want my superstar to be. He is a consistent scorer who can put the ball in the basket from anywhere on the floor. He's a willing passer, especially seen in these playoffs. He comes up big in the 4th and in clutch situations, time and time again. He's a hardworker, which is obvious through the huge strides he's taken defensively. He's smart, uses his length on defense and rarely takes bad shots. He hustles on both ends of the floor. He's incredibly humble and respectful, extremely coachable and wants nothing more than to win.

There are few superstars who contain all these characteristics. There's no doubt in my mind that if I had first pick, I'd build my team around Kevin Durant.

Thoughts?

Topic #28515 | Report this topic

AK-47  
Years ago

Check out and comment on the article below!

http://allthingsballing.blogspot.com.au/

Reply #366147 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I'm also a big fan. Great role-model for young players. Smart, humble and coachable are traits too frequently overlooked by fans/media.

Reply #366153 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

Yes, he is pretty handy.....!

Actually I like him a heap, great fun to watch him play and for a tall skinny guy he really has a lot of courage to take it to the rack the way he does, super!

Think about how physical basketball has become lately, or at least it appears to have, and you will get what I mean. Not the muscles of a Lebron or Dwieght, but man he does not take a backward step...

Reply #366154 | Report this post

Chewy316  
Years ago

He's a rare breed of basketballer. These playoffs he has been absolute dynamite. He is so young and has limitless potential. If he stays healthy, he will be an elite player for a long long time. Without a doubt he has the potential to be regarded as one of the greats by the end of his career. I would go as far as saying that if he continues what he's doing, he'll be placed along the same names as Jordan, Magic and Kobe, in terms of both their overall ability as players as well as their ability to lead.

Reply #366156 | Report this post

fstos  
Years ago

Don't you mean Jordan, Magic, Bird

Reply #366157 | Report this post

hoopie  
Years ago

Give me Kevin Durant and Tim Duncan as role models over any others playing right now.

Reply #366161 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

i think derick rose fits into that role model group pretty well!! in fact i think he could possibly be even more of a role model than names mentioned above!

Reply #366178 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Metta World Peace is the greatest role model

Reply #366181 | Report this post

Chewy316  
Years ago

Completely forgot about Bird, uni exams have been killing me lately :

In terms of role models though, he's a publicist's dream for the right reasons.

Reply #366184 | Report this post

Ballin Fan  
Years ago

Loved it during the lockout when he went to Harlen and played streetball on outdoor blacktop courts. The guy just loves playing.

Kevin Durrant's Backpack,
Thunder Up !

Reply #366275 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:59 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754