Anonymous
Years ago

NBL live tv

I have just noticed there is a NBL live TV website with games streamed live and able to watch replays, currently it is blocked to Aus/NZ with the new deal with Ten/One is it likely this restriction will be removed?

Anyone have any knowledge or used any of the fiba tv sites?

Topic #28562 | Report this topic

Julian  
Years ago

It is a service for international viewers.

Reply #367020 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Not blocked mate. I use it for every game. You have to pay for the subscription and have plenty of download.

Reply #367027 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ok awesome, is it likely every game next year will be put there?

Reply #367029 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ok awesome, is it likely every game next year will be put there?

Reply #367030 | Report this post

natwhereyouat  
Years ago

Last year it was VERY pricey. I watched a couple to see what it was like, A+ quality!

There is talk about having a league pass set up, infact i believe iiNet was interested and able to do it last season but the league thought live streaming quality would be average at best so they decided against it. Not sure if that was Larry's decision or who's it was. But after the reception of the MVP awards being live streamed via the iiNet Freezone it has changed their minds, hence the YouYi games being live streamed.

In saying that, i don't expect anything to come out until all TV deals are sorted out. the livenbl.tv site will stay.. if you want to pay $9.95 per 24 hours of viewing!

Reply #367031 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

you can pay a $108 per year subscription to all FIBA tv sites including the nbl one though, so doesnt work out to be too expensive at all, especially if you watch nbl + international tournaments and even eurolegue or another league aswell.

So even if iinet do stream games will the nbl live tv site still show them?

i would love for either nbl live tv or iinet to show all games, would be great for us fans!

Reply #367036 | Report this post

alexkrad  
Years ago

Hopefully iinet do it, free for avg quality, subscription for HD and not count towards your downloads if you are with iinet..

Reply #367041 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

yea that would be awesome!

Will be interesting to see what happens, but remain hopefull through a combination fta tv and internet that we will be able to watch every game from now on, that was what was hinted at when the new deal was signed,

at the very minimum the league should set up a league pass for a reasonable fee (eg. $100-200 for the season) for all non one/ten games, so we can see all games, otherwise what is the point of changing the deal with ten/one when the big benefit was the ability to air all non ten/one games elsehwere.

Reply #367042 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

They want to do it, the challenge is finding an affordable way to do it.

Reply #367046 | Report this post

natwhereyouat  
Years ago

I think to start off with $100 - $200 for a NBL league pass is a little steep.

I'd go more with $50. Or even better, free if you are a season ticket holder!

But the league needs to find that medium between being affordable & being realistic.

Reply #367055 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yea, fair enough.

Don't most clubs record games at a near broadcast quality anyway?

For me it Doesnt have to be perfect, then you could just ask say a local ex player eg Maher and KB for 36ers games to call the game on the cheap, and shouldnt be too expensive, wont be perfect or NBA TV standard but atleast we could see the games, and if the NBL dont charge much/if anything for fans to watch it then not too many will complain if there are a few small flaws in the product. That could be an affordable way to go about it couldnt it?

Reply #367058 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Ideally it would be free so players out at clinics etc can give kids the website and they can go and have a look. It doesnt have to be high quality but reliability is a must as the Rivus experiment showed clearly.

Finding a way to pay for it is the trick. The more you charge the less people who watch. If you get reasonable numbers you can sell sponsorships, but how much demand is there?

Reply #367069 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

yea, true, hopefully they can find a way to get the $$ for showing all games online, i think all basketball/nbl fans would enjoy it, even if it doesnt attract too many extra's, atleat us die hards will be able to see all the matches.

Reply #367082 | Report this post

natwhereyouat  
Years ago

Well to give you an idea, i got the stats for the pirated live feeds during the NBL finals, some games were over 11k viewers. And that was with (obviously) no promotion from the league, just built up over the season thanks to fan made sites/blogs.

The pirated live feeds during the season were getting between 3.5k - 8k viewers. And if anyone here has seen them, they're below average quality. Which means people didn't care, they just wanted to watch it.

Reply #367085 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

And to contrast that, the Rivus feeds that cost $5 and werent reliable were in the 100s. It needs to be free, reliable, compatible to mobile devices but dont worry about bells and whistles. Hopefully that can be done within the budget.

Personally I would like to see them explore a partnership with Fox where they share costs and a very basic version goes online and Fox show a high quality product on TV. Dont know if that could work but worth exploring.

Reply #367091 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yea, how much would it cost the league/clubs to put up a basic video feed of the game, with or without comentary?

Reply #367096 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Could the NBL partner with Univeristys who offer media type courses to get the students to film the games and stream them online for basically nothing, experience for the students, with iinet/nbl covering the costs such as website hosting, etc.

Could be a cheaper way to get a relaiable stream of the games online?

Reply #367100 | Report this post

natwhereyouat  
Years ago

That's something i think should be explored more (the Uni students idea).

There are also a number of fan sites (I can count 8 off the top of my head), you could get them involved with the commentating for the non TV games.

Reply #367103 | Report this post

natwhereyouat  
Years ago

The SEABL live stream some games via Youtube. It's only 1 camera angle though.

Reply #367105 | Report this post

Spursfan  
Years ago

I assume livenbl.tv would have all the games that Channel Ten don't have the rights to?

Reply #367111 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I hope nbllive.tv has all games not on onehd.

possibly all games? as the games on there site are One HD games arent they?

One camera angle on youtube is better than nothing, so i would be ok with that, especially if its then hosted on Youtube so can be watched later if need be.

Reply #367116 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

$50 for a season pass should be the absolute maximum.

Reply #367135 | Report this post

rjd  
Years ago

Does fibatv cover events such as the Farewell series? How about the Olympics?

Reply #367140 | Report this post

natwhereyouat  
Years ago

FIBA TV covers the Olympics, not 100% sure on the farewell series, but iiNet Freezone will have the farewell series.

Reply #367143 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Dont think FIBA TV cover the Olympics sadly, as FIBA doesnt hold the rights. Would be happy if that's changed since 08 but havent heard anything.

Reply #367148 | Report this post

natwhereyouat  
Years ago

Yeah FIBA TV will have games, delayed a few hours but. I read somewhere it was 24 hours, i'll try to find the link.

Reply #367152 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

Absolutely no chance FIBA tv will cover the Olympics.

Reply #367169 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:20 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754