Matt Ryan
Years ago

Sledging vs Trash Talk

In the wake of the AFL "sledging" case, and where the line is drawn, NBA TV's "Open Court" show covers it really well in this clip:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cyRkubgXhzQ

Topic #28567 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think the NBA trash talking is far more legit - it's about talking yourself up and putting your opponent down but it mostly seems to be about ability.

NBA doesn't have a problem with racism on the court, but it may manifest itself in different forms (mostly white crowds, and owners, mostly black players and black fans who can't afford to go).

Here, we call that arrogance.

It's not like Judd runs around saying, "I won a Brownlow, bitch. I'm gonna get 40 touches on you today."

Reply #367076 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Afl with trash talkers, (as in nba/basketball trash talk) would be so funny to watch, would love to see it

Reply #367206 | Report this post

Julian  
Years ago

Sledging is what yobbos with poor language skills do in lieu of trash talk, i.e. the players in AFL, NRL.

Reply #367442 | Report this post

DaddyO  
Years ago

Trash talk is when you are handing it out, sledging is when you are on the receiving end

Reply #367672 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:00 am, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754