Hoop Addict
Years ago

North v Eastern TOMORROW NIGHT!

OK - so game time is tomorrow. I am going to attempt to go through the match ups as I see them. They may not line up this way, (Hawkes is definitely not a 4 man) but am somewhat going by size & importance matchups (if that makes sense?!)

PG - Goodenough v Zorich
Goodenough has been up and down this season. Last week vs Sturt he ran the show effectively and hit some big 3s. Zorich is a young up & comer and is capable of scoring 20 on his night. Not a great shooter, but hustles defensively and his size could make it tough for Goodenough to get his shots off.

SG - Davis v McKay
This could be a critical matchup. Obviously McKay has plenty of experience, but hasn't had a great season. He is still a clutch shooter though, and it wouldn't surprise me to see him hit mid 20s. Davis has also been a little up and down and if he can fire for 25 or so, Eastern will be in good shape.

SF - Mason v B Groves
These two are the hustlers of the team, they do the little things. Groves has probably had a better season, but Masons value is hard to gauge in stats. If he manages to hit some shots and spread the defence so they can't sag onto Jacob, he could see extended minutes.

PF - Holmes v Hawkes
I don't see anyone stopping Jacob from North. He will destroy Hambour on the perimeter and can post up any other defender they throw at him. I'd expect at a minimum Jacob will have another 40 & 20. If he plays well, those figures could swell to 50 & 25. Hawkes need to control this North outfit. He has to be the leader. No doubt he will see at least some time at the point spot. This is the time for him to step up and prove he can play finals ball. Will he end up is J's bag as a violet crumble?

C - Trebilcock v Hambour
I think Hambour is the stronger of these two. Probably more consistent too. Trebilcock hasn't been in good form of late, but is still capable of firing up and perhaps contributing 15 & 12. If he matches Hambours stats, Eastern surely will be happy

Bench - Warhurst, Campbell, Pounsett, Madgen v T Groves, Quigley, Kies, Burdon
I give North the edge here. Warhurst has had a great season, and he will likeyl see 30+ minutes. Campbell & Pounsett will need to play big and grab some boards in their time, as well as playing good D. Madgen is an athletic slasher and if he could snare 6-8 points, that would be a bonus for Eastern. Kies has 21 points last week and he has the athletic tools to be a very good ABL player. Quigley & Burdon can both shoot and have both contributed at different times for North this season. T Groves provides hustle play for them.

I think Jacob will be the winner here. Nothing stopping him from getting 50 & 25. Let's hope for a vintage performance. Eastern to win by 10 or so in front of a PACKED Hillcrest.

Topic #286 | Report this topic

Mattus  
Years ago

Was just looking at past box scores and saw Jacob had 28 and 25 points in the two games this season against the Rockets.

Rockets would hope to keep him under 30 again for this game, and if they can it would greatly increase their chances of taking it out.

Reply #2191 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:52 pm, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754