Anon
Years ago

SEABL Assistant Coaches stepping upto the plate

Isn't it great to see 2 SEABL assistant coaches in Leon O'Neil and Grant Spencer having some success coaching their respective teams Geelong & Ballarat while Jamie and Guy are away on International duties.

What are peoples thoughts on these 2 pushing for Head Coaching spots in the near future?

These 2 teams match up next week, do the 2 Assistants go head to head?

Topic #28607 | Report this topic

Happy Days  
Years ago

Its a great grounding for these guys and im sure there will be opportunities for them in the future.

Reply #368012 | Report this post

Tiger Watcher  
Years ago

Both have bright futures....i'd like to see them take the riens of a D-League Team or Big V team to show they can handle a group as a head coach and get the expereince being the man in charge but that said both wil be SEABL coaches at some stage in the next few yeasrs.

Reply #368020 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

TW - If memory serves me correct Leon has not yet had a Head Coaching role previously but played for many years and bucket loads of experience. Grant had been Ballarat's D League Head Coach for the 2 years previous to this one. Grant also is involved with the Cairns Taipans in some capacity.

Reply #368029 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Both have done a good job so far, have great mentors and time will tell. I am sure they will get opportunities in the future. I want to pose this question for feedback

What is valued more when going for a Head Coaching role - Assisting at a high level SEABL / National Teams or Head Coaching at a lower level, Big V or D-League

Reply #368050 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:14 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754