FFS
Years ago

West Adelaide Carnival

When is the draw going to be out for this event. 4 days out and nothing. Poor form.

Topic #28651 | Report this topic

____  
Years ago

Isnt this farely standard for any carnival
Australia Day- Released Monday
Norwood- Pretty sure was released sunday
Nunawading- Released Tuesday
Christmas- Pretty sure was released Monday

dont know many carnivals that will release the draw the week of the carnival weekend

Reply #368581 | Report this post

patc  
Years ago

ffs - draw was posted at 9.15pm this evening, please accept my sincerest apologies for any inconvenience caused. Delays in any carnival are often caused by late entries by club/teams, special request considerations to enable all coaches/parents etc to meet their varying commitments and quite simply the fact we are all volunteers offering our time and effort in the interest of the kids and the sport. Please don't hesitate to contact me at West to discuss further ways we can get the draw out to your satisfaction

Reply #368582 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I am unable to see the draw online, can u let me know where to go?

Reply #368587 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

http://www.sportingpulse.com/comp_info.cgi?a=FIXTURE&compID=225741&c=1-8056-0-225748-0

Reply #368589 | Report this post

Hanging Round  
Years ago

FFS
Have you ever been involved as a 'volunteer' in these carnivals and seen how many hours the organisers put into such an event- only for the satisfaction of seeing children below Div1 get the opportunity to participate in a great weekend?
Very few people with very long hours equals a great result for no reward.

Reply #368680 | Report this post

Years ago

agree these tourneys would not happen without hard work from dedicated staff.

ps do you realize mavs u16gs have a 9.20pm game at port then a 8.50am game (cross over)the next morning at either port or wayville?

Reply #368724 | Report this post

U16 kids likely to stay up until 12 midnight on a weeknight then go to school next day... What's the difference?

tough draw, but how satisfying if they win?
Have you checked who their opponent is and what their game times are?

Reply #368743 | Report this post

FFS  
Years ago

Yes I have.

Reply #368801 | Report this post

patc  
Years ago

At the end of the day - a small group of people are working hard to put together a social/div 2 and down carnival for kids - not playing State Champs, not playing for a spot in the Classics, not playing for prize money, at best playing for a small trophy.Guess what- still making mistakes, still trying to accomodate every team, maybe thats where we go wrong. Not interested in this turning into slagging match between clubs, it was never our intention to make the draw difficult for anybody. The initial idea behind this carnival a few years ago was to give kids the opportunity of playing in a carnival atmosphere. Encourage your kids to play like they would never dare in a district game, support umpires that are still developing. Basketball =Fun...remember? From tired, stressed, grumpy Patc- have a great weekend ( I will be reliving my nightmare at Starplex Sat night for ABA)

Reply #368855 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

the mavs 16's are the 14's girls playing up an age group same with their 12's who are playing 14's.

Most of the girls are at TI camp this week as well, they will be tired but should enjoy a fun weekend.

Congrats to the organisers and their communication throughout well done.

Reply #368911 | Report this post

patc  
Years ago

Found at Wayville Fri night - earrings - please contact me at West for their return thanx
patc

Reply #369350 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:15 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754