surmdog
Years ago

Deron williams signs with brooklyn

Deron Williams is staying with the Brooklyn Nets.

the All-Star point guard tweeted, "Made a very difficult decision today ..." along with a link to a photo of the Nets' logo.

Williams' decision to stay was confirmed His contract will be worth the five-year, $100 million max,

Williams chose the Nets over his hometown Dallas Mavericks, who could only offer four years, $75 million

While the Nets may still have hopes of acquiring Dwight Howard from the Orlando Magic in a sign and trade deal involving
humphries, brooks, and lopez + future draft picks.

ex-Net Jason Kidd does not seem likely to be serving as an understudy for Williams.

Kidd's decision is down to the New York Knicks and Dallas Mavericks

also it looks like Jason Terry is going to sign with boston for 3 years

Topic #28669 | Report this topic

Isaac  
Years ago

Mavs now trying for Nash or Lin, and keeping Kidd if they can.

Reply #368896 | Report this post

igotmadskills  
Years ago

i wish my difficult decisions were between taking 75 or 100 million.
get things in perspective Deron......

Reply #368904 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Though it does sound amusing at face value, the difficult decision was a nod to choosing one place over another, placating home-town fans, etc. And ultimately fans are a big part of what keeps these guys earning such huge amounts of money.

Reply #368906 | Report this post

No Deal!!  
Years ago

I like the way he has handled himself, minimum fuss, surveyed his options and made a choice. Good on him. Dwight should take some notes!

Reply #368908 | Report this post

Chewy316  
Years ago

Such a difficult decision...100 million to live in NYC or 75 million to return to his home state...they really do live in their own little world.

Reply #368932 | Report this post

Marcus Camby  
Years ago

For those who are calling out DWill for the 'difficult decision' statement...

WTF do you want him to say?

This is a decision that will take up the rest of his PRIME NBA career.

Of course it is difficult, he wants to win, who is going to give him the best chance?

I doubt money is the #1 concern given how much he already commands.

Reply #368944 | Report this post

Big Sexy  
Years ago

The difficult decision was probably between staying with Nets or going to play for his home team. I doubt he is talking about the money

Reply #368950 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Thanks three above...issac didnt quite clear that up...i salute as u ride off into the sunset on your white steeds.

Reply #368969 | Report this post

T-Peezy  
Years ago

I agree with No Deal! LeBron could also take a page out of DW's book... I like the no fuss way he handled it. Good on him

Reply #369000 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:23 pm, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754