BB
Years ago

Luke Nevill on Orlando Magic Summer League Team

Just read from a rumour on Hoopshype that Luke Nevill will be on the Orlando Magic Summer League team. Not a bad situation for him considering they seem to be letting Daniel Orton walk this free agency.

Any other Australians been linked to play with Summer League teams?

Topic #28677 | Report this topic

Mystro  
Years ago

Howards replacement?

Reply #368939 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Got no balls 2 play nba! He couldnt even dunk it in the nbl!! Gd luck 2 him as he is a perth boy!

Reply #368941 | Report this post

No Deal!!  
Years ago

He could get in there as a injury roster player...has legitimate size which is always highly valued but I can't see him sticking a rotation spot anytime soon.

Reply #368958 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Summer League stuff doesn't mean much but he did do a pre-season with the Cavs back in 2009. He was basically the designated warm body to guard Shaq in training camp.

Reply #368964 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

too many haters on this board. yes its only summer league, yes i doubt he wilkl make a proper spot but hes alot closer then most other australians obviously and he has a surprisingly good mid range shot. this will only make him better

Reply #368968 | Report this post

Hendo8888  
Years ago

Can't see him actually getting picked up, but nice to see him get a chance in the summer league.
What's the go with Nevill this season? Are there any NBL teams with a spot free for him, or is he likely to end up overseas?
Probably the only impact player still available not counting the GCB players.

Reply #368970 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

There was talk the Blaze were interested in him but if they fold you'd have to think more likely to go back overseas.

Reply #368971 | Report this post

Marcus Camby  
Years ago

All the best to Luke Nevill....He deserves a chance and hope he goes on with it.

Shame he couldn't stay at the Wildcats / in the NBL.

Reply #368981 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He wont be getting in based on looks! More Aussies in the NBA the better, but doubt it goes further than the summer league.

Reply #368998 | Report this post

alexkrad  
Years ago

This is why I kept saying he wouldnt be going to the blaze.

Sounds abit obvious but if he can play his best all the time he is probably good enough for NBA imo. Just abit too inconsistent last year and seemed to be a mental thing more than anything.

Reply #369010 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Playing summer league and going to the Blaze werent mutually exclusive. Unless he gets a training camp invite he'll still need a club to go to somewhere.

Reply #369011 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

what do people see in this loser?.

Reply #369016 | Report this post

Vart  
Years ago

BB, Julian Khazzouh is on the Lakers summer league roster.

Reply #369028 | Report this post

simple  
Years ago

Jerai grant and daimon simpson are on rockets SL team...i havent seen or heard but i wonder if majok getting a look on the laker SL team

Reply #369280 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Remember the poster who said the NBA wont even look at the NBL. Now theres four players at least in summer league.

Reply #369291 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I've seen Nevill train and play many times, he's definitely got game, despite the many envious runts trying to drag him down to their pitiful standards.

Reply #369300 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I agree, Beaker certainly has game.

Reply #369304 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Yep, was very impressed with him this year in Perth. He had obviously worked hard on his weak areas.

Reply #369306 | Report this post

El Diablo  
Years ago

Nevill has a chance

NBL is not a great league for a traditional center type, which Nevill is.

For those that he is no good, you lack any basketball acumen

Reply #369636 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:38 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754