roadwarrior
Years ago

Pioneers - How are they going?

I am curious to get some thoughts on how fellow forum users think the Pioneers are going? They are lucky they have played 1 less game than Ballarat and have the season head to head over them.

Probably need to start beating some higher placed teams and relly cannot afford to lose another home game.

I would like to see Jamie Holmes spend more tim in the paint where he is so damaging rather than then every time the 'neers get in trouble he trys to drop threes to get them back in it.

Last friday's game - having four players playing a combined total over 30 minutes and not scoring - come on!

Topic #2869 | Report this topic

Bulldog  
Years ago

Roadwarrior, Friday's game was not true representation of the Pioneers.

As Jamie Holmes said, it was just one of those night when shots didnt drop.

Chris Mason had some good looks, they just didnt drop, every player has those nights.

Crammy is not there as a scorer, while Derrick had very few opportunities to put points on the board.

Give some credit to Kilsyth's defence. Maybe you just have to realise that the Pioneers winning and losing is not soley controlled by them, there is an opposition out there too.

Reply #32541 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Friday's game was very un-characteristic of the Pioneers team this season. We all know they are very different to team's of the last 5 or 6 seasons however they had not struggled to score so far this season.... until friday!

Jamo was slightly below his averages and didnt seem to stamp his authority on the game whislt dallas jeffree struggled. These two have conrolled the bulk of the scoring so far this season.

The last 3 weeks J-Will has been finding the hoop however only managed 5 points against the cobras.

The up side of the game however was the form of Jason Sedlock. The amercian tallied 20 points and 26 boards only a few games following his return which he has obviously has been held back by!

Predict big things from the whole pioneers roster this saturday in the home game against Mildura!

Reply #32565 | Report this post

Panther  
Years ago

The Pioneers had a tough night on Friday night. Although through somewhat blurred vision it was still pretty adament that the bench did not produce. They have five decent starters buts from there it really lacks a bit of consistency. Mase may score 10 points for you but want do it every night and will need to take too many shots to do it. Plus he's getting into foul trouble (and that's coming from me!). Little Dmac is so incosistent it's not funny and to be honest, half the time doesn't look interested to be there, he's a liability, especially in defence which is suprising considering who his dad is.
Crammy isn't having his best year to say the least and really needs to lift. I know he's having a few injury problems but that isn't an excuse for the whole season.
Besides that Dallas looks lost out there in offence, it seems he doesn't even know the plays.
The team really needs to get together, sit down and work shit out, both on and off the court otherwise this season is already a memory...

Reply #32568 | Report this post

rare23air  
Years ago

I dont think much can be taken from friday, from all sources the Pioneers were "off song".

The coaching staff of the pioneers would be more than impressed with the some of the clubs local or less expereinced players have been contributing. Mase was fantastic for the pioneers whilst J-Will was recovering and Crammy and Ben Jones have both made big steps in their development. Neither of these players has played the minutes nor the quality basketball they are producing this season.

It seems D-Mac has lost some of his confidence in recent weeks since some the team has become healthier. Unfortunately Playing much less court time (11 mins v kilsyth)he has been unable to produce the stats he did early in the season. Besides, he wasnt signed as a star, but a player whom Sonya and Flash can work with and develop and im sure their satisfied!

Reply #32618 | Report this post

Panther  
Years ago

And how are you sure? I don't know what game you were watching, but I know you were there, you had obviously fallen asleep from boredom...

Reply #32619 | Report this post

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

Panther, did you make the trip down again? Strewth, you may as well have stayed here, the number of times you seem to be visiting.

Does ya want a game in the local league, 'cause I know a team that will make room for ya!

Reply #32634 | Report this post

Panther  
Years ago

What are you talking about Moses, i've only been down twice, once for the singlet presentation and last weekend.
And i'd be back playing for the Cougars if I came back...2004 Champs!

Reply #32713 | Report this post

rare23air  
Years ago

sorry Panther, rare23air was not in attendance.

Reply #32722 | Report this post

roadwarrior  
Years ago

I agree totally with Panther and also rare23 air to some extent. Dallas seemed to have an off night offensively so I would not wholey judge him on that - one thing I would say on him though - defensively he seemed to really struggle Friday night.

Bulldog you are correct there is an opposition out there, I would like to see the Pioneers try and lay some of the defensive pressure on opposition teams that we seem to be copping.

Moses - haven't seen you out at the Icehouse crowd on game night for a while, what is happening?

Reply #32759 | Report this post

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

roadwarrior, I'm a busy guy with work. I've been in Adelaide a fair bit for mid-week to weekend work trips.

Reply #33004 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

there performance last nite against mildura(the bottom team in the east) at home, was absolutely pathetic. why does j will insist on shooting triples when he just keeps on missin. 0/6 from the arc. only player that looked like winnin the game for them was derrick who only played 18min. good luck to em in hobart if they keep playin like that.

Reply #33229 | Report this post

Frank the Tank  
Years ago

Anonymous,

Is there a problem in the camp? Why are they playing so bad? They have very good players on the team so why are they losing?

Reply #33258 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

not playin as a team, is the main reason i can see. yeah players have off nights but the last two games at home they have scored 85 and 90 points. with the starting five they have they should be scoring the kind of scores that bendigo is every game( around 120-140ppg.) i just hope they work it out before the season is over.

Reply #33352 | Report this post

roadwarrior  
Years ago

No worries Moses, hopefully you can get out when you can. Mind you, you aren't missing much at the moment!

Anon is correct, not playing as a team at the moment, players need to realise that to win, everyone needs to play the role they have been assigned. Who cares who passes or shoots, just winning should be the most important thing to each player.

Reply #33372 | Report this post

The Cheap Seats  
Years ago

Anon, think you are right about not playing as a team.

Maybe poor off court administration issues are rearing their head and becoming on court issues.

I hear the club's board is disintegrating.... not enough hands on deck etc. Mt Gambier as a city needs to show it's support for the Pioneers and do something rather than paying lip service to it. If regular posters on this site were willing to get involved on the board, the club would be so much better for it. Lets do something to protect the future of South East Basketball.

Reply #33373 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

your dart playing is shithouse drink more piss

Reply #44875 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

your dart playing is shithouse drink more piss

Reply #44876 | Report this post

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

Further evidence that we really did evolve from apes.

Now please pass me another beer?

Reply #44894 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:45 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754