Ian Stacker—Head Coach

Mick Downer - Assistant

David Hillard - Physio

Jared Campbell - Manager

Dr. Sandra Mejak - Doctor

Topic #28690 | Report this topic

Vart  
Years ago

FYI, a lot of the Stankovic Cup games are on Fox Sports, starting with our game against Russia which is 11.30pm AEST tomorrow (Friday) night.

Reply #369108 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Any stream on iinet or anywhere?

Reply #369116 | Report this post

Vart  
Years ago

I can't help with a link, but I definitely watched last years Stankovic Cup online. You usually can watch just about anything basketball related from China online.

Reply #369118 | Report this post

tyrell  
Years ago

vipbox.tv is your best bet to watch online- excellent FREE livestreaming website for LOADS OF SPORTS!

CAPITALS for emphasis!!

Reply #369126 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Fibatv.com play all the games live in HD. great quality

Reply #369133 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Again no South Australians.

Yet BSA ignore their failed development programs because change is too hard.

Where's the high performance review document? BSA too scared to release something which will prove what everyone already knows?

Reply #369136 | Report this post

tropical booz  
Years ago

Is Dane Pinau related to Brad?

Reply #369151 | Report this post

LanceUppercut  
Years ago

good to see Owen Odigie inclusion. thanks Vart for the foxtel tip will def check it out.

Why is Drmic omitted?

Reply #369154 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

never heard of half of them

Reply #369172 | Report this post

Venom  
Years ago

Brad Hill pulled out due to other commitments and Trigger's hamstrong was OK but decided he better get settled in Cairns this weekend instead (here on the 8th)

Reply #369173 | Report this post

Vart  
Years ago

Comment above about not having heard of half of them, thats the most exciting thing about this squad. I'm sure a lot of fans haven't heard of half of them, and now you get to watch them live on Fox Sports for the next five days. Whilst I've heard of them all, I definitely haven't seen them all play, so I'm excited to see how they perform.

I'm interested to know how this squad came about, and who was in charge of selection. I was of the impression that the Stankovic Cup squad would be made up of members of the senior squad that didnt make the Olympic team. As LanceUppercut mentions above, I'm surprised guys like Drmic and Broekoff didn't get selected, but I'm not sure if they chose not to be involved.

Reply #369183 | Report this post

Vart  
Years ago

Full Fox Sports schedule for Stankovic Cup;

Friday 11.30pm Australia v Russia (live)
Sunday 3.00am Australia v China (replay)
Sunday 6.00pm Australia v Tunisia (live)
Tuesday 9.30pm Classification 3rd v 4th (live)
Tuesday 11.30pm Final 1st v 2nd (live)

Reply #369184 | Report this post

Onya  
Years ago

What are the chances of most being from Vic/nsw ? Agree BSA gotta take the blinkers off after junior grades. Many kids develop well later

Reply #369211 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Drmic recovering from emergency appendicitis and Broekhoff in the Olympic squad of 16 as a back up in case of injury.

Reply #369214 | Report this post

hoopie  
Years ago

I don't know how old these guys are but they seem to be potential Boomers candidates.

Given how well the soccer model has gone in terms of blooding a whole lot of players who could now slip into the Aussie team and not be embarassing, I hope that this is the start of a similar approach of building up the next generation.

Reply #369223 | Report this post

Vart  
Years ago

Thanks for the updates regarding Broekoff and Drmic anon.

Hoopie, the oldest player in this squad is Clint Steindl who is 23. Next oldest is Cody Ellis who is 22. The rest are all 21 or younger.

Reply #369228 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

bit of a waste seeing as the boomers were syaing how they wanted more preparation, well there was a shot, even playing against russia FFS!

Reply #369252 | Report this post

Wookiee  
Years ago

I really like the idea of blooding younger players, I just think that it could have been mixed up with the future NBL leaders of tomorrow (more like Cadee) and the legitimate players with chances, as these sort of opportunities don't come along very often and how do we expect our NBL players to develop into quality international players, playing against international opposition if we don't give them these chances? Players like Damo, Wagstaff, Madgen, those sorts of guys will be the leaders of their teams come the next international tournaments and those along with others in the NBL are going to be the ones we look to to strengthen our competition...

I just think that with such the low profile this has all gotten, as well as the last minute put together of the team for the NZ scrimmages, is that someone just thought it would be good to put these kids together and go to China or something, like those teams that Drewie has put together in the off-season in the past and there's no REAL official affiliation...

I agree that it will be great to see them all on Foxtel though, just wish I could digitise them all properly without the ratio getting messed up as I import into my PVR, otherwise I'd make them all available somehow...

Reply #369257 | Report this post

coffee  
Years ago

friendships with coachalways helps. Norton always going to get in because of Stacker. Bit like the girls team that went overseas with the Opals recently as a tax payer I would have preferred my money going towards sending the ones that missed out on the team not the very young ones.

Reply #369344 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Norton more than justified his spot (as if he had to after being a strong performer for the junior national team) with a very calm display.

Reply #369347 | Report this post

LanceUppercut  
Years ago

Would have been good to see Brock Motum in this Boomers squad, rather than Shane Harris-Tunks or Dane Pineau. Tunks only averages 2 points for his college team, whereas Brock was named all-pac first team and averages 18 points

Reply #369481 | Report this post

Vart  
Years ago

Having watched these games over the weekend, would you guys agree that the squad we sent over is a 'C' grade under-23 team?

A true under-23 Aussie team would add Delly, Broekoff, Motum, Drmic, Hadziomerovic, Creek and possibly even Exum which would increase their talent dramatically.

Reply #369576 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Maybe a B team. Out of this group I think only Cadee, Blanchfield, Greenwood, Norton, Ellis and maybe Steindl would be in the running for the A team.

Reply #369581 | Report this post

Vart  
Years ago

Thanks Paul. So after a generation that produced the likes of Bogut, Maric, Baynes, Jawai, Schenscher, Nevill etc. it would appear the next generation is lacking in quality big men.

Reply #369585 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:32 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754