Isaac
Years ago

Gibson to 36ers a definite chance

Hearing that Gibson could well be headed Adelaide's way. Goulding a chance, but up in the air.

Less sure about Petrie, though he might end up with my other team Wollongong?

Topic #28744 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

When can we expect an announcement Isaac? Getting excited, might be time to get the blue facepaint on bring the drums to the games.

Reply #370009 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Gold Coast still have until end of Friday to get the $$s together. Doubt anything will happen until after that and then all the league will chase the Blaze guys.

Reply #370011 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Still not gona make the finals! Gibo does'nt pass, weigh in the same boat, u got a ranga that shits him self wen he is 2 feet from the bucket, n u still got the best coach in the nbl! Dnt think u can knock off perth or nz.

Reply #370014 | Report this post

Vart  
Years ago

Gibbo doesn't pass? Do you watch the NBL at all? He was second in the league in assists last year, despite spending the majority of the season as a shooting guard.

Reply #370017 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

'009, I might be wrong - still a rumour, but I'm a bit more confident than before. NZ is the other choice, I think.

'014, quick work discrediting yourself there.

Reply #370020 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Shouldve said he doesnt pass wen need 2! I watch the nbl, u guyz that write on here are very narrow mind

Reply #370022 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

NZ have Bruton and Corletto signed and are chasing Cedric Jacksons signature but Gibson would bring another ballhandling SG to the roster if Jackson was unobtainable . Petrie would also be a great asset to NZ with Wilkinson gone and them needing another big to back up Pledger. NZ have both Import spots left but how many points available?
As back to back Champs with a pretty solid reputation for looking after their players on and off the court NZ would have to be a pretty good option to consider.

Reply #370023 | Report this post

Tiger Watcher  
Years ago

its 80/20 depends on the extra benefits each team can offer.....NZ's are pretty tempting but then again they have to be cause you gotta live in NZ...(i've lived there i can say that!)

Reply #370025 | Report this post

natwhereyouat  
Years ago

36ers have two import spots open & 31 points left
Breakers have two import spots open & 23 points left

Reply #370026 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

fair call Tiger Watcher but the North Shore where the Breakers is based is pretty nice and their training facility is top notch. They sell out games with a great fan base, the Coach is an assistant with the Boomers and NBL Coach of the year, back to back titles so you know they are competitive and guys like Rillie and Ronaldson continually sing the praises of the rest of the organization not to mention Corletto's comments after leaving Melbourne.

Reply #370028 | Report this post

Jake  
Years ago

Hopefully Marty is in his ear at the Olympics and gets the deal done! As much as I would like Petrie I would like to see him go the Hawks.

Reply #370029 | Report this post

Jake  
Years ago

Hopefully Marty is in his ear at the Olympics and gets the deal done! As much as I would like Petrie I would like to see him go the Hawks.

Reply #370030 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

natwhereyouat - Am I right in thinking that NZ already have 8 players signed, so it is just the 2 import spots remaining?

Better way to look at it would be that NZ have 23 points for 2 players while Adelaide have 31 points for 4 players.

Reply #370031 | Report this post

BigAds  
Years ago

I understand Gibbo has been offered a very flexible option by Sixers, especially in terms of the out clauses should he actually sign with the Sixers. Nevertheless I'm nervous that NZ are being spoken of in the same sentance.

Reply #370033 | Report this post

BigAds  
Years ago

oops *sentence*

Reply #370036 | Report this post

Tornado  
Years ago

I would love for him to sign with us but I dont think it will happen.....I reckon he'll end up in NZ. :-(

Reply #370037 | Report this post

natwhereyouat  
Years ago

@ skip - Breakers have 7 so far:
Henry - 4pts
Boucher - 6pts
Corletto - 7pts
Pledger - 3pts
Bruton - 8pts
Abercrombie - 10pts
Vukona - 9pts

Total = 47

There was some confusion over Abercrombie being a 1 or a 10 as many thought he had signed an extension so would retain his 1 point rating, but he actually signed a new deal which means he's now rated as a 10.

Pledger is actually rated an 8 but he signed an extension so he keeps his lower point rating of 3.

Reply #370038 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

Jackson/Bruton
Gibson/Corletto
Abercrombie/Henry
Vukona/Boucher
Pledger/Petrie

71 points :( not to mention cap restraints but would reek of 3peat

Reply #370040 | Report this post

Ariel 19  
Years ago

Goulding to the Hawks, low pay but high opportunity and development coaching from Gordie.
Gibson is an interesting one. The NZ offer is said to be strong but will prob like to stay on the mainland.
Maybe hanging out till after Olympics, hoping for a European offer like Worthington. When you are on 10 points I guess you can wait.

Reply #370044 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

I personally would love an All Australian team.

Schenscher (9)/ Rookie (3)
Johnson (8)/ Petrie (8)
Creek (4) / Weigh (7)
Gibson (10) / Dillon (6)
Cadee (5) / Crosswell (6)

4 points insurance in the bank if any 6+ point player goes down.

I know it's hard to keep a team together these days, but bar Crosswell, all the players are still in their twenties and could form a pretty solid unit in the coming years.

Reply #370045 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Weigh on the bench? As if thats going to happen lol

Reply #370047 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Daniel Carlin and Majok Deng as Development Players?

Reply #370085 | Report this post

Jake  
Years ago

Good team Mystro but no way that line up would fit under the cap

Reply #370093 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Gibbo, Peach and Goulding.
All under the cap.

Reply #370103 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

That NZ team would be 75 points Mystro - you added Jackson and Gibson as 10's, and Petrie is an 8.

Reply #370120 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:14 am, Wed 24 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754