jj
Years ago

Gange - is he still any good?

i was just curious to know if matt gange from fville is still as good as he used to be. i know he played state but,and feel free to correct me if i'm wrong, i havnt heard anything about him or if he done anything playing state?

Topic #2875 | Report this topic

The truth  
Years ago

dont kno anything bout state ... but he is doing alright in the abl averaging 7 points 4 boards which is respectable

Matt Gange's stats

Reply #32637 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

played quite ordinary last week, i think the physical step up to ABL was a bit much for him. Looked slow on the court, good skills, but slow. Could have been a bad game tho.

Reply #32664 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

probably the best guard in the whole u20's league. but of course, abl is a different league entirely

Reply #32666 | Report this post

Sir Spark  
Years ago

Gange can light up as good as anyone in 20's. He gets heavy D all the time and still manages to perform more often than not.

Doesnt have the same confidence and understanding in ABL yet though.

Reply #32675 | Report this post

Cosmo  
Years ago

Jordan Kies from North IS the best gaurd in the Under 20 comp, then probably Craddock from West, Gange might come after that!

Reply #32682 | Report this post

Stella Artois  
Years ago

anon, word has it Gange was ill last week. He has definitely played some good ABA games this year

Reply #32732 | Report this post

Fat Rats Clacker  
Years ago

As for u/20 guards dont underestimate Shane Boal. He may not be conventional, but the kid works his butt off and plays well above his size.

Reply #32735 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So which under 20 player has the best stats this year in the abl? Is one of those guys mentioned above doing particularly well or what?

Reply #32739 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

was he any good to start with

Reply #32740 | Report this post

Tigerland  
Years ago

One would have to presume Josh Wood is the u/20 stand out so far, along with reeves from woodville.

Rory had a brief camio, as has Dan Lalic and Gange.

On the other specrtum.. Tom who? from south.

Reply #32747 | Report this post

Dr Dunkenstein  
Years ago

Brad Bungey - he's still u-20's isn't he? He has been getting good numbers against players who often have 20-30 kilo's on him.

Tigerland - Tom MacKenzie (or were you being facetious)?

Shane Boal has been playing well in ABL, not putting up big numbers, but he controls the game well, giving hardiman and gerlach a break.

Reply #32755 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

gange is playing some great ball this yr and will be rewarded with an acadamy spot u would think. Cosmo, i watched gange play against rory a few weeks back in 20s i believe gange scored 27 in 2.5 quarters against him so i think u should reconsider..

Reply #32776 | Report this post

jj  
Years ago

yeh, i played with and against him in our mildura days,the kid can play.havnt seen him for a while tho, when i played with him there was nothing of him, skinniest mo fo goin round.

Reply #32791 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Anonymous #32776 = Tool
No idea at all..

Reply #32942 | Report this post

richard  
Years ago

Gange has to be the single slowest excuse for a point guard going around. Yes he may have good skills, but to make any reasonable sort of impact in ABl you need speed, and he severely lacks it. Kies and Boal serve well above the rest of the 20s guards, and as said before, Boal probly performs the best out of the 20s in the ABL, stats or not, he is constantly creating and giving Snake a break from the heavy duties he has. and Hardiman should get less courttime - waste of money and effort to recruit someone from interstate to play the position of a young guy from the club who has been underrated his whole life, Braithwaite should be getting more than he is given, Hopkins had him in juniors and knows what he can do, time to give him the chance to show everyone else

Reply #35153 | Report this post

Yeah because the best player australia has ever produced (Gaze) was soooo quick

I roll my eyes at you

Reply #35155 | Report this post

Dr Dunkenstein  
Years ago

gaze was also a small player, a guard at only 201 cms.

Reply #35208 | Report this post

richard  
Years ago

Exactly, coz 200cm is pretty small isnt it. and just quietly, gaze was not a point guard, but another good effort on missing the whole point of slow. gaze shooting guard. do you follow that gorilla? or should i give you some further explanation and obviously not the best player to come from Aus, most respected yes, but players get better every generation, and there are better than him out there, they might just not have proven it yet

Reply #35401 | Report this post

tool  
Years ago

hes the best bballer goin round and the next to play nba, no doubt about it!!!

Reply #51427 | Report this post

john  
Years ago

got to agree - he will be the next to play in the nba

Reply #68121 | Report this post

Ben Gange  
Years ago

matt is still the best ball player... he is currently playing in the big V leauge... he shot 40pts in his last game . . he is the best player in that leauge easily!!! he still manages that under heavy D constantly...what do you think?

Reply #139033 | Report this post

he is still the best player iv seen in ages! he shoots 3s like noone else i no!! he shoots an average of 28 a game!! and im his lil bro!!

Reply #140261 | Report this post

side mirror  
Years ago

The league he is playing in in Big V div 2, not the league that plays in ABA. He is a solid bench player/ weak starter at ABA level at best. Funny bloke tho.

Reply #140271 | Report this post

he won mvp for the big v league and was the top average scorer with about 24 points per game! he was also in the top 5 all stars team!! you cant top that!!!

gangey
(matts lil bro)

Reply #151613 | Report this post

Jay Madigan  
Years ago

He is a gun His got a weird girlfriend tho because shes my sister, hey matt its jay lol and hi luke lol

Reply #191597 | Report this post

Jay Madigan  
Years ago

Hes almost me bro inlaw... well i hope he will be

Reply #191598 | Report this post

Jay Madigan  
Years ago

and hi ben lol

Reply #191599 | Report this post

Rex Hunt  
Years ago

Quick Matt, end it while you still can!

Reply #191602 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Hello to the whole Lol family!

Reply #191605 | Report this post

Sturty6ers  
Years ago

Too much Lol-igagging for me......

Reply #191616 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:04 pm, Wed 24 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754