TheMan
Years ago

Sixers closing in on Blaze players

Shane Heal tweeted

"@ShaneHeal: 36ers sound like they will be the beneficiary of the blaze going down. #Petrie/Gibbo- very talented team that has been assembled."

Anyone shed some light on that?

Topic #28796 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Would be awesome if we get those 2, basically the perfect fits for what we need and we still have 2 import spots available to round out the roster/save for injury insurance!

Reply #370925 | Report this post

Tornado  
Years ago

I hope there is a lot of truth in that! :-)

If it is true would we then run with an All-Australian team leaving imports as insurance?

C - Schenscher/Petrie
PF - DJ/Petrie
SF - Weigh/Creek
SG - Gibson/Creek/Ng?
PG - Cadee/Crosswell

Who would be the 10th player?

Reply #370930 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Once you get Gibson and Petrie (and Goulding?) there wont be a lot of money left so maybe one import or even an all aussie lineup?

Reply #370931 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

Interestingly, Chris Goulding just tweeted that he had spoken to the NBL and his points will be reduced if needed.

I wonder what the requirement would be for that.

Say the Gong offered him a contract lets say for $80,000, but could only fit him if he got a 1 point reduction.

The Sixers also offer him a contract for only $70,000, but he doesn't need a point reduction.

Would the NBL drop his points? or would it be if he had no other options/contract offers he would get a reduction?

Reply #370932 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Change the name 2 the adelaide blaze? Gibo, bubbles, cadee n petrie n big joe 2 fill the bench! Haha still don't have a game changing play 2 bust open a game like a cj or lisch willson.

Reply #370937 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

I think you would find that Jared Campbell is the best NBL club Team Manager in the league and Big Joe will only do something for someone if kick backs are involved. Big Joe was majorly overpaid for his role at the Blaze.

Reply #370940 | Report this post

Need to get an import with excitement plays to really fill the place.
Obviously winning is a good feeling and faithful with be there but to really fill the place we need a Farley, hodge type player that interacts with the crowd as that roster is all business and not a lot of show time.

Reply #370987 | Report this post

Tyrell  
Years ago

Great for the players for sure. Sucks for the rivalry and value of the league- guys like Gibbo and Goulding were THE players at the Blaze, players that people loved to hate, but they were awesome in this role and now they play for adelaide, who if gc were around, would have had no chance in getting these guys.

BUT, as i said at the start of the post, good news for the players!

Reply #370991 | Report this post

ant  
Years ago

No wonder the Blaze went broke with taking so many non playing team members on road trips. Big Joe would have probably needed two seats too.

Seems they overpaid a lot of staff and some players.

Reply #370992 | Report this post

orbit  
Years ago

No excuses for Marty if true.

He'll have the horses now can he coach?

Reply #371000 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Certainly would be getting a couple of pieces the Sixers have needed for a while, but I think a roster sans-Ng is missing a clutch shooter. Lisch, Bruton, those sorts of guys. Someone could step up (Gibson or Cadee, I guess), but I think that's what the roster would be missing.

Reply #371001 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I've been mildly concerned all offseason about why Ng hasn't been re-signed yet as with this roster he would be needed more than ever.

Has there been some sort of falling out with Ng and the coach or something Isaac? I wouldn't thought they would've spent these past few months haggling over money anyway.

Reply #371003 | Report this post

Tornado  
Years ago

Anon 371003....I believe Ng has indicated to the club that he is taking at least 1 year off, possibly even retiring as wants to focus on medicine. I'm not sure if this is 100% true but it is what I have heard. However, I think there must be some truth to it as the Sixers offered Herbert a contract (which he turned down) which they wouldnt have done if Ng had made himself available....I wouldnt have thought?!

Reply #371043 | Report this post

Muzz buzz  
Years ago

+1 to the above

Reply #371044 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ng has had a contract offer presented to him, so the ball is in his court. Having just become a father in the last couple of days, he may have different things on his mind though.

Reply #371045 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

No! Darren is my hero, hope he doesn't retire.

Reply #371288 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:38 am, Wed 24 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754