Straight Fringe
Years ago

Okafor ROY

Okafor named Rookie of Year

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2053181

Topic #2883 | Report this topic

Bizzy  
Years ago

Just out nudged Ben Gordon who came second. Good to see that there is some new life coming in to the NBA....will be even better next year when we see Bogut in there.

Reply #32710 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

Okafor deserves ROY. He carried the Cats for the whole year, and I will say that they wouldn't of won 18 games if Okafor wasn't on the squad.

15 points per game plus 10 boards, and 3.8 of them were offensive (second best in the league).

Yep, ok the Bulls made the playoff's but they also have a lot better squad than the Cats.

Gordon is an awesome player and rightly earnt his 6th man award. He was dynamite in the 4th quarter, but Okafor carried the Cats in the 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th quarters.\

Go Cats!!!!!

Reply #32715 | Report this post

SKYHOOK  
Years ago

I think Gordon was Robbed ...

Okafor is a great player and will be a superstar in the NBA .. but Ben Gordon at this point IS the better player. Scottie Pippen wrote about the ROTY a few weeks ago on the BLOG (NBA.com)-check it out ..!

Okafor 15+pts , 10 reb , 1.6 blocks... in a lot on mins 35 +

Gordon 15+ pts, 2assists, 2.6reb (as a guard!! ) - coming in off the bench 79 times !! Scored more than 10 points in the fourth qtr 21 times (remind you of anyone ? mj)

I think Gordon was MORE productive and efficient than Okafor ...just unlucky he aint 6'9+ !!

Reply #32742 | Report this post

Kriss  
Years ago

Cant wait for next year when Bogut comes in....whoever picks him up will become my second team (unless its atlanta)

had to get that one cheezeburger
=P

Reply #32756 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

No way Gordon was robbed!!!

Okafor is definately the ROY. Did Okafor have a supporting cast of Hinrich, two seven footers in Curry and Chandler, two vets in Harrington and Davis and Deng. As I said earlier, Gordon is great in crunch time, and carried the Bulls in the 4th quarter, Okafor carried the Cats in the 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th quarter.

If Gordon was picked by the Cats there is no way they would of won 18 games for the year.

Okafor registered 47 double doubles when he is constantly double even tripled teamed.

Okafor led the Cats in scoring, rebounding, blocks and minutes this season. He led all rookies in scoring, rebounding.

Okafor had more steals per game than Gordon.

Gordon has never had a double digit assist game, actually Gordon has never had a double double game.

Sorry, but 10 out of 10 times I would take Okafor over Gordon.

Reply #32765 | Report this post

The truth  
Years ago

Yeah cant wait for bogut looks like he will go to the hawks if he gose number one .. and if he manages to change that franchise around he really is something special !!!

Okafor a well deserved winner of the ROY my personal fav would have gordan ... but okafor stats and the fact he had a shit support crew got him over the line

Reply #32780 | Report this post

bootleg  
Years ago

Okafor had a great season and deserved the ROTY award. I can't believe that you would say that Gordon was robbed Okafor had far superior stats to him. And he meant a lot more to his team than Gordon. Bulls still would have won games but the cats would have struggled even more.

Reply #32842 | Report this post

cheezeburger  
Years ago

how about josh smith.nah he needs 1 more year to develop.he will standout more next season after working on his jumpshot over the summer.

Reply #33515 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:00 pm, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754