BALLER#3
Years ago

How good is Youth League?

Just wondering how good youth league is skill wise? All through the divisions.

I am 18 and have never played any district Basketball but am stuck in a division 2 social league with my mates.
We only have 3 players who are really any good and although I enjoy playing with my mates I am looking for a bit more of a challenge and to actually be coached a little.

Any Idea of a comparison between a div 2 social league and Youth League?

Topic #28941 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

It all depends on which division you are expecting to play, Division 1 is very good, a number of ABA players and college hopefuls, Division 2 is a step below however still reasonably strong. After that, Div 3, 4 and 5 are very ordinary.

Your best is to speak to a local club and ask if you can join in on a training, or simply go to a stadium one night and watch a certain division play.

Reply #373446 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Bigv state youth league 2 would be the go.. Not that hard

Reply #373448 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Well I wouldn't be expecting to play div 1, and am based in SA. But just want a bit more of a challenge as I am scoring at least 20 points every game in div 2 social

Reply #373456 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

All clubs are about to run their open trials, go to the nearest or preferred District club and try out, speak to the coaches before so you stick in their mind and ask for feedback afterwards perhaps?

Reply #373555 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:29 pm, Thu 18 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754