Tyrell
Years ago

Breakers retain Cedric Jackson

Tweeted about an hour to 'keep a close eye' at about 4pm on some great news. I'm going to call that Cedric Jackson is returning!!

Topic #28942 | Report this topic

Cell  
Years ago

Yeah im looking foward to it. Perhaps Jackson's heard that he won't get a camp invite and wants to return or It could just be the signing of a local guard like Tai/Corey Webster. Not sure if the later is amazingly special news though.

Ill say its Jackson.

Reply #373422 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Surely you'd take Tai if you could. I think Corey abused his chance, unfortunately.

Reply #373426 | Report this post

Cell  
Years ago

Would definatly take on Tai over Corey. Just don't pay him so he can keep his college eligability

Reply #373428 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

I would have thought with Tai still at school he would be a DP this year as he couldnt fully commit to training. We may know soon enough.

Hopefully it's Jackson, he is one of the best players in the league and would be great to watch for at least another season.

Reply #373430 | Report this post

natwhereyouat  
Years ago

It's Jackson

Reply #373431 | Report this post

Cell  
Years ago

Great news

"Get ready for more ACTION from JACKSON!
Cedric is back, re-signing for another season and another title defense with the SKYCITY Breakers."

Reply #373432 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Swapped Wilkinson for Hudson. Kept Jackson. Are they championship favourites?

Reply #373439 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

Tai Webster will be a DP (will prob go to University of Hawaii with his friend and team mate, Isaac Fotu next year, pretty sure Cory and Tai's Dad went there), Cory will get the back up Guard spot and hopefully they will 3peat.
Hopefully the Hawks get Ervin and we can watch a fully fit (no ankle issues!!) Jackson go at him.

Breakers have a pretty settled squad with Hudson the only guy who needs to learn their systems etc

Reply #373441 | Report this post

No Deal!!  
Years ago

The Breakers are definately the team to beat. Can't wait to see Jackson play again this year.

Reply #373453 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Their lack of a shooting big man will definitely cause them some issues they have to address, but then they covered losing Kirk Penney pretty well, didnt they?

Reply #373457 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hudson will be great - it's only his second season out in the pros - now that he knows what to expect I see him doing well 12 and 8 per game is all they need

Reply #373466 | Report this post

Big Sexy  
Years ago

I think the Breakers will fall back slightly as the will miss Wilkinson's shooting and scoring in general, Hudson will bring hustle every game but is not the game breaker Wilkinson was. Saying that they still should be top 2 with Perth, but I don't think the gap between the top 2 and the rest is as big as it was last year.

Reply #373469 | Report this post

Woody Venkat  
Years ago

Perth would have to be the favourites next season.
Wilkonson>Hudson, Pledger very simple

Reply #373473 | Report this post

natwhereyouat  
Years ago

Perth also lost Luke Nevill. Breakers have lost Wilkinson but they also gain a work horse with Hudson. So the Breakers may be a little different, but i still rate them as the best team.

In saying that, i believe the Breakers season will come down to how healthy Abercrombie is.

Still think top 4 is:
NZ
Perth
Adelaide
Cairns

But Melbourne could sneak in depending on their 2nd import signing. And who knows with Wollongong as well. Going to be a VERY tough year!

Reply #373477 | Report this post

alexkrad  
Years ago

Breakers are still favourites imo.

Unless Abercrombie comes back from his injury a lesser player, maybe if he was an older player but unlikely seeing how he was on the rise last season.

In other news CJ Bruton has cut off his dreds! This could perhaps be the edge they need to three peat ......

Reply #373478 | Report this post

alexkrad  
Years ago

^Agree

I think top 3 will be NZ Perth & Adelaide.
And then depending on imports, 4 could go to anyone except probably Sydney & Hawks also a long shot. I almost want to lock Cairns in to the 4 spot after last season everyone writing them off as wooden spooners, but they proved us all wrong and with a better team this year they should go one higher.

Reply #373480 | Report this post

tyrell  
Years ago

starters/bench
jackson/to be named
corletto/bruton
abercrombie/henry
vukona/boucher
pledger/hudson

Hudson will be better with jackson getting him the ball.
CHAMPIONSHIP favorites in my opinion!

Reply #373483 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Depending on the imports, but 36ers would have to be favorities. Then Id have NZ and then Perth.

Reply #373494 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

36ers have how many new players? Breakers have a championship side minus Wilkinson and Anthony. The Sixers will not be far off the mark I believe but a favorites tag is pretty premature.
The Breakers have decided that Pledgers potential outweighs Wilkinsons shooting ability. How effective was he last season when given minutes? I think he will be impressive in his starting role and I agree that Jackson will make Hudson a better player. Henry will improve and is surrounded by veteran players like Boucher and Bruton. A fully fit Jackson will be a big leg up and his signing will have bought a smile to Atlas place.

I believe Abercrombie will challenge for MVP this season. The last footage i saw of him he looked pretty comfortable training on his ankle so I am not expecting any and his outside shooting was fairly sharp last season. Add some more bulk and he is a game changer at both ends.

Reply #373502 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

At this point in time I'd go:

1. NZ
2. 36ers
3. Perth

Reply #373506 | Report this post

boss  
Years ago

surely someone has to pick up bj anthony...has showed a fair bit of potential 2 seasons ago.

Reply #373520 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wilkinson is a big loss, no doubt, for the team and the fans. He was awesome to watch. But Pledger is definitely going to surprise some people, he was dominant at times last year in limited minutes and the breakers often looked better with him on the court. As his minutes increased last year so did his confidence and production. I think the breakers will be just as good with him in the middle. He lacks the outside shooting but makes up for it with superior defensive and rebounding ability

Reply #373532 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

I agree Boss, Anthony would be a good cheap pickup for someone after a big on the bench

Reply #373584 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Would suit Wollongong's system, and could be good for Adelaide too, they don't have a wide body.

Reply #373603 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:37 pm, Thu 18 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754