In the Know
Years ago

Under 14 State Championships Review

Under 14 Boys

With the Nationals being held in Adelaide at Starplex, one team will be very unlucky not to particiapte here at the end of September. Adelaide have three teams and with the top three teams so close one will miss out. West, Norwood and Sturt are all a mile out in front and no one will catch these teams. The unfortunate thing about this is that one will miss out because the 3rd team is the host club which will probably be North as they are co hosting.

West are the stand out team. They have guards that can handle the ball and shoot as well as bigs that can play. As we all know they don't get shorter as the weekend goes on. Norwood also have some great talent, especially one star, and will be in the mix. Sturt who can not seem to get over the line against West will around the mark and probably will be fighting with Norwood for that Grand Final spot.

I think West will win against Norwood in a close Grand Final and to whoeva misses out it will be bad luck.

Under 14 Girls

The girls competition is a lot closer and will be a very interesting weekend. As Nationals is also on offer in Darwin this will be a great weekend of games as only two teams can qualify for this event. North are undefeated at this stage but are known not be a great carnival team and Sturt, Southern, Forestville and Centrals will be hot on their heals.

Groupings will make Forestville v Southern the knockout game in the minor rounds and North will also have to be on their toes as they will be in the same group. Centrals with Sturt should move through to top four as I can't see South or Woodville bothering these teams.

I am saying forestville will miss out and I can also see Southern giving North some grief. Sturt will finish top in their group even though they did loose to Centrals last time they played them. I have to lean to a Sturt North Grand Final with Sturt winning just. Southern if they can finish top in their group will have a huge chance making the Grand Final. The dark horse is Centrals.

Topic #2896 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

I see Broken Hill has a team in the U14 State competition.

2 questions - How does Broken Hill participate in South Aust. state chamionships when by my reckoning they are located in NSW.

If top four get invites to the Classics in June what happens if Broken Hill finishes top 4?

Reply #32913 | Report this post

Moochie Norris  
Years ago

Anon - if Broken Hill qualify, they can go.

I remember a few years ago (2001??) Broken Hill 14 Boys qualified for U14 Clubs as one of our SA reps.

Reply #32927 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Broken Hill are affiliated with SA Country and their State players play for SA.

Reply #32929 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

In the Know,

Anymore for 16s, 18s or 20s to come?

Reply #33577 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:31 pm, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754