XD
Years ago

Ng to sit out of Basketball for a year

Hearing today that Darren has decided to sit out of basketball this season after knocking back a contract offer from the club.

Guessing the fact that he already has a full time career as a doctor as well as just becoming a father, he couldnt 100% commit to the team.

Hopefully its not the last we have seen of him.

Topic #28987 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Is this different to his role in 2012?

Reply #374342 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

shame

Reply #374349 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Was just what we needed.

Any SEABL shooters out there? I always liked Burdon - he's 37% in the SEABL, averaging 17ish PPG. The top volume shooters are low 40s. Coenraad is one of the better ones, but already signed. No standouts in the Central ABL.

Reply #374362 | Report this post

Mutley  
Years ago

I've always been a Burden fan too, and he's had some success at NBL level before.

I think Ng has done very well to have had the career he has while completing medical studies as well. Not many pro athletes have done that. I think too, how much effort he always put in on court when he probably didn't have as much riding on it as most of his teammates did speaks very well of him. It is always great to watch a pure shooter, and Ng was one of the very best.

Reply #374363 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Garfield Blair is a great shooter and would come as a cheap import. Not sure how he would go in the NBL though.

Reply #374375 | Report this post

Opt  
Years ago

Shame to hear, doubt he will come back now

Reply #374388 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ng decision to sit out a year would also have to with Marty not knowing how to use one of the best shooters in the NBL.

Im sure Ng will be back if Marty isnt the coach in 2013/14.

Reply #374398 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

Opt - Wouldn't be so sure. Could be two new teams next year, so there could be quite a bit of interest for him.

Reply #374399 | Report this post

FM  
Years ago

He could always come back into the team later in the season if we have injuries.

Reply #374402 | Report this post

Pie Cart  
Years ago

I doubt that NG will be back ,last season he was almost the last player signed by Sixers,this season again offered but declined,im not surprised,one of the best 3pt shooters in the NBL,it goes to show Clarke isnt interested in NG,I say this, if we didnt get Gibson then would have signed NG earlier.A sad loss,but i feel Sixers will struggle in the 3pt area ,like they did in last weekends game.

Reply #374416 | Report this post

XD  
Years ago

Pie Cart
Ng had a contract offer in front of him before we signed Gibson.

Reply #374418 | Report this post

Tiger Watcher  
Years ago

Surely we will chase Dillon really hard now as only proven guard still on the market.

If we need a cheap option Burdon could be an option or a massingale as he'll be naturalized shortly

Reply #374419 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Braswell if he gets his NZ citizenship would be nice.

Reply #374431 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Garfield Blair is a terrible team guy! Never passes and shoots bricks! Was almost let go half way thru the SEABL season after whispers of taking a liking to some the players girls.

CJ Massingale would be a great bench guy. Works hard but will not be naturalised in time for the season. His paperwork is not submitted and time is quickly running out for him as no team will risk taking a 30 something role playing import or aussie.

Reply #374447 | Report this post

Tornado  
Years ago

Agree with Tiger Watcher....Dillon now becomes the target.

Reply #374460 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Anon, we may not even use import spots and have some points to burn, so I don't think naturalisation of an import is an issue for Adelaide.

I think we can realistically make the backup shooter a priority and spend whatever's left (points-wise) on anything. Only issue may be keeping options open to replace Schenscher, Johnson, etc with an import if they happen to get injured.

Reply #374469 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I would still like to see an import SG. I am not sure but if we limit to 3 points for a back up big we will still have enough points for another import should someone go down during the season. I think I have the sums right

Reply #374488 | Report this post

Mr Black  
Years ago

Im pretty sure DR Ng pays way better than PG Ng

Reply #374499 | Report this post

Loco  
Years ago

Ng is one of the most underrated players in the NBL for mine. The Sixers really have under utilised him - could have structured so much more around him offensively.

I don't think we'll see two imports here this season either.

Reply #374519 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Seems Marcus and another brother are doctors and Dr Chek very proud of new grandson Orlando.

Reply #374530 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:29 am, Wed 17 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754