Isaac
Years ago

Hoops SA site changes

First, the ABL stats -- the update here is the player comparison feature. Hit a profile, then choose a name from the list and click the Go button for side-by-side stats. But this ain't no trashy NBA format where you only compare two players -- add more or remove some as desired and you can compare as many players as you can fit on screen. Another thing is that the URL automatically updates so that you can post it, email friends, or bookmark comparisons and watch progress during the season.

As an example, here's all the Bowleys up against each other: your top resource for finding out that Dave is dishing out more assists, Hannah has the least turnovers, Brigid tops the steals, and Monique scores the most, rebounds the most, blocks the most, is most accurate and has the highest HSA rating. Oh, and they're all average FT shooters, but I'm sure they'll start trying now that we can keep track of it so easily. Steve, that link is for you!

Now to the forum: Posts to the School and Offtopic categories don't show up in the main index or in the Recent Posts sidebar unless you've chosen to view those categories. If you want to chat about the footy or TV, Offtopic is the place.

I've had a number of requests by people wanting to sell shoes, their car, whatever, so I'm going to add a classifieds category of sorts. It will operate in the same way as the School/Offtopic categories -- only there if you choose to view it, but if you're here for basketball talk only, it'll stay out of your way.

Watch the category list (light blue, under the Hoops SA logo) and hopefully I'll add it over the weekend. There'll be some guidelines in there for when it kicks off, and hopefully people have something they want to sell.

Topic #2899 | Report this topic

poser  
Years ago

Can I sell a nude photo of myself? Should fetch a mint!

Reply #32894 | Report this post

Pegs  
Years ago

Awesome! I love it! And yes they are ordinary free throw shooters...

Reply #32895 | Report this post

Bizzy  
Years ago

Top notch work Isaac......love your work.

Reply #32903 | Report this post

G-Funk-Era  
Years ago

Great stuff there Isaac, u keep impressing me.

Reply #32926 | Report this post

Nice work Issac. I'm glad a man of your intelligence has so much time on his hands...

Reply #32930 | Report this post

The truth  
Years ago

Yeah man top work ... The site is awsome im hooked ....

Reply #33230 | Report this post

Satish Dogra  
Years ago

Hey Isaac,

There's pie charts and everything running around on these stats page: that's kick-arse.

I have a kind of a dumb request though: once you start flicking through all the Stats pages, it may be just me, but there's no link back to the forum home page.

I know I could click "back" on my browser but that involves, like, effort. Is a generic link in either the header or footer back to the forum something you could implement?

Reply #33327 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Yeah, will keep it in mind for the next batch. I just have a "HSA" link in my browser links bar to bring me back here so I've never noticed the need.

Reply #33332 | Report this post

great stats page  
Years ago

Just wondering how hard it would be to do like a TEAM total on the stat page ie how many attempts/makes on 3's as a team, foul shots etc

Reply #33334 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Been meaning to rank the teams per category, so hopefully I can do that at some stage.

Reply #33338 | Report this post

The truth  
Years ago

Just an Idea for the site Issac I was think maybe Live Scores from the NBA , NBL , or ABL .... Could be prettty hard to do considering its a strugle just to get box scores Just an Idea tho ..

Reply #33501 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:59 pm, Tue 23 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754